Windows 10: Bug when switching between input languages

Discus and support Bug when switching between input languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a desktop machine with Windows 10 Home 1803. We use English and Bulgarian as input languages. Two types of very annoying problems appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bulgarian User, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Bug when switching between input languages

We have a desktop machine with Windows 10 Home 1803. We use English and Bulgarian as input languages. Two types of very annoying problems appear spontaneously almost every day and the only way to fix them is restart:

- It becomes impossible to switch between input languages. No matter if you do it with Win-Space or the button in the task bar, the language does not change.

- The Phonetic layout suddenly changes to Typewriter or the other way round, and it is then impossible to change it because the language settings show the original setting, which is already switched.

Btw, there are two users on the machine. One of them uses English and Bulgarian Phonetic, and the other uses English and Bulgarian Typewriter. I suspect that the bug might be related to that.

:)

Bulgarian User, Oct 14, 2018

2. Uninstall primary input language

Hello,
    I'm using english-US as display language, but german (DEU) as keyboard input language.

I would like to uninstall the english (ENG) keyboard since the input language switches to english when I hide the unneeded language bar.
    It was very simple under win7, but here I did not find the way (remove is disabled). Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks, Marco

marcomarsella, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Nisei Win User
    Windows reverting to wrong input language

My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed.
    I have several input languages enabled because I need to be able to switch when inputting in different languages.
    In the Language control panel I have set English (United States) at the top of the list. However, after every reboot Windows reverts my input language to German which is at the bottom of my list.
    In the Advanced Settings of the Language control panel I have now set "Override for default input method" to English as well but still to no avail.
    What else is there to change? I'm getting fed up having to change the input language every time I start up my PC.

Nisei, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Bug when switching between input languages

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Bug when switching between input languages

1. Bug when switching between input languages - Similar Threads - Bug switching between

2. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  3. switch between just two languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  4. switch between just two languages

switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  5. Switch input languages not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch input languages not showing.: Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, recently reinstalled. I cant switch between languages, the combination of Windows and Space tabs doesn't produce anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-input-languages-not-showing/ed0108c2-5409-4036-9acc-cca350c4bc56
  6. Switch input languages not showing.

Switch input languages not showing.: Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, recently reinstalled. I cant switch between languages, the combination of Windows and Space tabs doesn't produce anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-input-languages-not-showing/ed0108c2-5409-4036-9acc-cca350c4bc56
  7. Turning off icons when switching between IME input modes/languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off icons when switching between IME input modes/languages: My work involves frequently switching between windows that use different input languages. I have a new computer running Windows 10, and every time I switch between input modes or switch between windows that are using different languages or modes, there is a big icon in the...
  8. Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two

Input languages Have to switch between three languages instead of two: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with having UK English in my language panel. The thing is that I tortured people from Microsoft Support and looked through, I think, every relevant topic. So, what I have here: [ATTACH] But there is nothing here: [ATTACH] The...
  9. Switching between three languages with macros

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between three languages with macros: Hello, guys! On my computer I use mainly my native language (Bulgarian) and English and I switch between them constantly. I started learning Japanese last year and there are instances where I need to use Japanese keyboard. My question is - is there any setting or a third...
  10. Issue while switching between languages

Issue while switching between languages: Hey, I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I started having a weird problem. I have both Hebrew and English keyboards installed and used. Recently when I click to change languages Hebrew is counted 2ce even though it appears on the list only 1ce. So if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freeze input switching

2. bug when switching input languages