Windows 10: BUG: Windows 10 calculator still cannot copy-paste numbers!

Discus and support BUG: Windows 10 calculator still cannot copy-paste numbers! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I type in Windows 10 calculator number 1.000,00 - so one thousand with 2 zeroes behind decimal comma. Select that Paste back into it and I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phz777, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Phz777 Win User

BUG: Windows 10 calculator still cannot copy-paste numbers!

I type in Windows 10 calculator number 1.000,00 - so one thousand with 2 zeroes behind decimal comma.

Select that

Paste back into it and I get "Invalid input".

So the calculator doesn't even understand its own format when you paste into it?

It could easily auto-detect the format - the separator on the right is decimal separator, the separator on the left is thousands separator and be able to accept either 1.000,00 or 1,000.00 as both valid formats. But it accepts neither for paste operation.

It accepts 1000,00 (and shows as 1.000,00) and if you paste 1000.00 it pastes as 100.000 (decimal comma ignored here).

Looks like copy-paste operation is too hard for Windows calculator, the basic software.

Also, right click-select-all is unbelievably slow? Takes 4-5 seconds. I do have very fast machine.

Someone tell me why did they fire their whole QC department.

BUG: Windows 10 calculator still cannot copy-paste numbers! 0180cd04-b46b-41d7-8d71-e8e12e2fb4ab?upload=true.png

BUG: Windows 10 calculator still cannot copy-paste numbers! 64be8de6-751d-406f-91cf-d7a812f2d0fc?upload=true.png

:)

Phz777, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Calculator - Cut & Paste

I often cut and paste calculator results. I can copy the number displayed on the calculator but then there is no option to paste the number in Microsoft Money.

The calculator in Windows 8 was fine. Is there a better calculator than this feeble effort in Windows 10?

Steve C, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    copy paste for phone numbers

Hello kishoretvk:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your question about copying and pasting phone number on the dialer pad. This is something that is not currently available on the Windows 7 phone. We do value our customers feedback and use suggestions to improve
    new and existing products. With that said you can add your suggestion to the feature and suggestions thread,

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

I am not sure if this helps at all but this may be an acceptable work around. If you add the number in the dialer pad to your contacts list you can then go into that contact to edit the number. When you are in the editing screen you will simply need to
    tap the number and slide the highlighter to cover the number. You should notice the copy icon that will allow you to add the number to your clipboard.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jun 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. BUG: Windows 10 calculator still cannot copy-paste numbers! - Similar Threads - BUG calculator still

2. Mouse copy-paste bug in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse copy-paste bug in Windows 11: There is a bug when you try to copy and paste any file to your desktop because it takes the first position top left corner at the desktop.This bug not exists if you copy-paste your files with keyboard ctrl+c - ctrl+vVideo Of Bug...
  3. Mouse copy-paste bug in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse copy-paste bug in Windows 11: There is a bug when you try to copy and paste any file to your desktop because it takes the first position top left corner at the desktop.This bug not exists if you copy-paste your files with keyboard ctrl+c - ctrl+vVideo Of Bug...
  4. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  5. cannot copy and paste

cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  8. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. STILL cannot highlight, copy & paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STILL cannot highlight, copy & paste: Highlight, copy/cut and paste are essential to my productivity. Yet the problem of being unable to reliably highlight, copy/paste has been around since 2012 -- lots of threads out there complaining about it but no real solutions. I've only had the problem for about 6...
  10. Windows Calculator bug with any number over 999

Windows Calculator bug with any number over 999: Hi, A few weeks ago the Windows Calculator started acting weird. Any number over three digits seems to cause a problem. Please see attached screenshot For example if you enter 100 it will work fine, but if you enter 1000 it will revert to 1. So 1000+1000 will return 2...