Windows 10: [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD

Discus and support [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help isn't a particularly fitting flair as I'm not really looking for help, just hoping someone from MS will notice the bug. Upon downloading the iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Active_Measures_, Oct 23, 2020.

1. [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD

Help isn't a particularly fitting flair as I'm not really looking for help, just hoping someone from MS will notice the bug.

Upon downloading the iso via W10MCT the user is supposed to use imgburn.exe /Q to burn it. Unfortunately the MCT is serving files that are ~150MB too large to fit on a standard 4.7 DVDs. Same error happens in third-party DVD writers too. The file requires 4.54 GB on a DVD.

Looks like someone thought that standard 4.7 DVDs have 4.70GB of space, while it's only 4.38GB in reality.

submitted by /u/Active_Measures_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Active_Measures_, Oct 23, 2020

2. Cannot save windows 10 iso file media creation tool

I downloaded the media creation tool to create an iso file on a dvd. The iso file downloaded . Then the tool did a verify.. Then it started to create media and said the tool couldn't contimue with the error 0x80070020-0xa0018

EPHRAIMGITELMAN, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

4. [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD

Issue with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

The issue is after using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool the iso image generated is 5.88 GB .

This iso image of 5.88 GB does not fit a standard 4.7 GB DVD.

How do I solve this issue?

Thanks.

isi.carlos, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

[Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD

1. [Bug] Windows 10 Media Creation Tool's iso files for 202H are too large to fit on a DVD - Similar Threads - Bug Media Creation

2. Windows media creation tool bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media creation tool bug: I tried to create a bootable install version if Windows 11 pro 64 bit from the downloaded International English iso. I checked the download checksum was correct. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to make the usb drive, and it seemed to have worked properly. However, when...
  3. Windows media creation tool bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media creation tool bug: I tried to create a bootable install version if Windows 11 pro 64 bit from the downloaded International English iso. I checked the download checksum was correct. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to make the usb drive, and it seemed to have worked properly. However, when...
  4. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  5. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  6. Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD: The stock answer to this problem is "use a flash drive". However, there are those of us who have antediluvian PCs whose bios does not support booting from USB flash drives. I thought that putting the install media on a bootable internal or external HDD might be a solution but...
  7. Latest Windows 10 iso file too large for DVD!

Latest Windows 10 iso file too large for DVD!: I downloaded the media creation tool for 20H2 Windows 10 version. Requested 64 bit version ONLY. ISO file is over 4.7GB, does not fit on DVD. What should I do? I DO NOT want to mess with dual layer, blue ray, or flash drives. Never had this problem before, seems like a...
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...