Windows 10: Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?

Discus and support Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnnyGui, Jul 28, 2019.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?

Hello,

I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this:

Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page? [​IMG]

However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows:

Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page? [​IMG]

Notice that YouTube doesn't have any icon now.

I don't know what triggered this. Removing the websites and putting them again doesn't fix the problem. I have Windows 10 Pro x64 1809.

Anyone else experiencing this bug lately? Perhaps someone can test this out with the websites that I have shown?

:)

JohnnyGui, Jul 28, 2019

2. "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

He,

Whenever I open a new tab in Edge I want it to display a blank page.

When I set this in the settings menu it is automatically reset when using the "clear browsing data" menu and it is reverted back to "Top sites and suggested content".

This is clearly a bug as this is not listed in the "choose what to clear" menu.

greets, Pim

Pim Scheffers, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?

1. Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page? - Similar Threads - Bug Popular Websites

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  4. Opening a website directly in a new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a website directly in a new tab: Hi When I open a new tab in Microsoft Edge 87.0.x for Windows 10 20H2, how do I open a website directly? Thanks Bye 171423
  5. On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.: [ATTACH] On new tab - want to see a blank tab. After the recent cumulative updates my edge browser does not allow me to open to a simple blank page. I had to create a 'about:blank' specific page to open to. Specific page - about:blank And then I found when open a new...
  6. Blank pages in front of desktop icons bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank pages in front of desktop icons bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iMaSaijayin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpo3nf/blank_pages_in_front_of_desktop_icons_bug/
  7. Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [ATTACH] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [ATTACH] Also, notice that YouTube doesn't...
  8. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  9. When opening a new tab "popular now" appears

in Browsers and Email
    When opening a new tab "popular now" appears: When opening a new tab, below my top sites, I now have a new item "popular now" appears. How do I get rid of that. I do not know where this came from Thanks 38793
  10. Change New Tab page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab page in Firefox: How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows When you open a Firefox Home screen by default. The Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or...