Windows 10: Bug with removing Network bridge blocks Task manager from opening?

Discus and support Bug with removing Network bridge blocks Task manager from opening? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Installed HyperV on HP Compaq Presario CQ57 Laptop, 4GB Ram, Windows 10 RTM 10240 x64 recent clean install activated with GenuineTicket.xml. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fafhrd, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Fafhrd Win User

Bug with removing Network bridge blocks Task manager from opening?

Installed HyperV on HP Compaq Presario CQ57 Laptop, 4GB Ram, Windows 10 RTM 10240 x64 recent clean install activated with GenuineTicket.xml.

The HyperV virtual network bridge interfered with the availability of Wifi, so decided to remove it. The Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller for Ethernet was not affected.

Although the Bridge connection disappeared from the Network Connections window, I cannot remove the -

Network Bridge
    "Removing connection(s) from the Network Bridge..."

- dialog box, nor can I close the Network Connections Window, nor open TaskManager from Start, Ctrl-Alt-Del, or any other way I can think of, nor post the snip of the Network Connections window - in other words, I will need to close down to do anything more.

After I have restarted, I shall try to get the snip posted here, so you can see the network hardware:

Bug with removing Network bridge blocks Task manager from opening? [​IMG]

The restart took an age, so eventually I had to power off - without any apparent problems.

How do I now delete the vEthernet Virtual switches? All network adapters have the Delete property greyed out!

I shall be uninstalling HyperV in favour of Virtualbox or VMWare Player, so I will not need them.

:)

Fafhrd, Oct 20, 2015
  2. Loogsta Win User

Remove network Bridge in windows 10 safely

i have searched the net to no avail on how to remove a network bridge in windows 10.

from my understanding, you are able to remove the network bridge by right clicking on the network bridge in network connections and choosing "remove network bridge" however in windows 10 this option doesn't exist.

on the network card (which is part of the bridge) in its properties page has written "This adapter is part of a Network Bridge. To remove this adapter from the Network Bridge, or to modify bridge settings, right-click the Network Bridge, and then click properties."

of course this does bring up the properties window but no further info on how to actually remove it.

others have mentioned to remove the "MAC bridge adapter" (which i dont have, mine says multiplexor on the bridge driver) from device manager however they have found other issues doing so if the network was in use at the time.

so before i go breaking things, is there a correct way to remove the network bridge in windows 10 pro?

Loogsta, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Network Bridge stops WiFi after Windows 10 ver 1607 update

I have updated my Surface pro 3 and desktop computer this week with the Windows 10 version 1607 update. Shortly after the update I was having connection issues with the network bridge from my Surface Pro 3 to my Desktop computer. Now, WiFi on my Surface
    computer doesn't work at all when it is bridged to Ethernet connected to my desktop. I have to delete the bridge in order to have the WiFi on my Surface to work again. My desktop computer doesn't have a wireless receiver in it's motherboard, or pci card, or
    usb, so I bridge the network with my Surface Pro 3 as a wireless receiver. Since I can't get a reliable connection with a network bridge to my Surface, I decided to shell out $60 dollars for a wireless ac pcie card, I wish I didn't have to do that because
    the connection to my Surface pro 3 on the 5Ghz ac band works very well.

Did the Windows 10 1607 update break the Network bridge? Is there a reasoning for why WiFi doesn't work when bridged to Ethernet? Or is the problem an accident?

Is there a bug? Is the bug actually a feature? Is the bug unknown?

Edit: I got the bridge to work again, hopefully it keeps working.

DanielBowen88, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Ffudge Win User

I realise this post is old but for anyone else...

You can remove the disabled Ethernet switch by going to Device Manager, expand Network adapters, right-click on Hyper-v vitual Ethernet Adapter and selecting Uninstall.

I guess you've been having trouble with Hyper-V. Some days it's fine, sometimes the bridge doesn't work to the virtual machine and some days the hosting PC's Wi-Fi is stuck on 'identifying' and won't connect to the internet.

Usually you can resolve it by right-clicking on the Wi-Fi in Network Connections and selecting Remove from Bridge, then add it back to the Bridge. Or go to Hyper-V's Virtual Switch Manager, select the virtual switch and uncheck 'Allow management operating system to share this network adapter,' close it, then go back in and enable it again.

Other times you have to Remove the virtual switch and create a new one.

In the worst cases it gets stuck trying to remove a bridge, a few minutes later the screen goes black except for Start, Cortana and Task view and none of it is responsive. In that case you have to throw the power switch. Fortunately Win 10 does recover gracefully from such conditions but afterward you're left with Disabled virtual switches and that's where this thread started.

It's causing me problems at least once a week.

Ffudge, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Bug with removing Network bridge blocks Task manager from opening? - Similar Threads - Bug removing Network

2. Bug in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug in Task Manager: https://reddit.com/link/uujpjz/video/f13k3c92us091/player submitted by /u/Masterix_cz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uujpjz/bug_in_task_manager/
  3. Task Manager Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Bug: Yeah so this new pre-realease is cool and all with ui being smooth, the OS running better, and all that. But Task Manager? Nah Task Manager broke. Anyways, any suggestions?...
  4. Task Manager Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Bug: Yeah so this new pre-realease is cool and all with ui being smooth, the OS running better, and all that. But Task Manager? Nah Task Manager broke. Anyways, any suggestions?...
  5. Bugged Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugged Task Manager: My laptop task manager is crashed. Whenever i open minecraft java and task manager my laptop goes blue screen of death. When i open task manager normally it freezes for a minute and then starts going normally.how can i fix this task manager bug?...
  6. Task Manager bug or virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager bug or virus?: So every single time i open my task manager, the cpu usage shows that its using 100-30% cpu but it will go back to normal (3-5%) in like 1 seconds is this a normal bug or do i have a virus? what should i do? Specs RTX 2080 i7 9700k 16gb ram ddr4 submitted by...
  7. Windows Task Manager Cannot Get Network Usage After Create Network Bridge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Task Manager Cannot Get Network Usage After Create Network Bridge: My windows not updated for 1 year ago and everything is okay, after I update, I got this problem. My task manager is okay before I create bridge for my home network. [ATTACH] After create a bridge between `Wifi` and `Ethernet` like this [ATTACH] My network usage...
  8. Task manager often blocked

Task manager often blocked: Have never been a fan of the Task manager in Windows10, it's terribly slow to open...
  9. Task Manager Bug

Task Manager Bug: If you press "Provide feedback" on any of the tasks, and then immediately close the task manager, it will freeze. Only way to close it is through another task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-bug/86c0190e-c0b3-4eb1-9448-e4495473b11c
  10. Bug Report Task Manager

Bug Report Task Manager: This bug was introduced in Windows 1809 (Redstone 5 Oct 2018 Update). The Task Manager reports total CPU use correctly, as is confirmed by the Resource Monitor. The Resource Monitor reports CPU usage by individual apps correctly but the Task Manager does not. Instead the Task...