Windows 10: Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update

Discus and support Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since the Fall Creators Update I have noticed that after uninstalling any software, the corresponding shortcut tiles in the Start Menu would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyGui, Dec 10, 2017.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update

Hello,

Since the Fall Creators Update I have noticed that after uninstalling any software, the corresponding shortcut tiles in the Start Menu would still stay there but with a weird name title and without an icon.
    This happens when I uninstall any Windows Store apps as well as any third party apps that have shortcut tiles in the Start menu.

I have attached an example of such a tile after I uninstalled a game.

Do others have this same problem? How do I fix this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Dec 10, 2017
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Bug with Start Menu shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update

Thanks for submitting a report. I have 2 questions:

1. Did anyone report this issue before?

2. I have a Dutch version of Windows 10. Is it possible to add a feedback in the English version of Feedback Hub?

JohnnyGui, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Bug with Start Menu shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update

Hello Johnny,

This issue is fairly new, a report had been submitted to our developers.

We encourage you to submit your report through the Windows Feedback Hub.

In the Feedback Hub, you can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we suggest that you provide relevant information regarding the issue that will help determine what's causing the problem and address it.

To submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press
    + Add new feedback

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an
    appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
    Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
    Stop monitoring
    when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response
    (it will look like URL Manager link>).

Thank you for helping us make Windows better.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Dec 10, 2017
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Anyone who could help me with this?

JohnnyGui, Dec 13, 2017
  5. Win7ine Win User
    You are not alone, there are random orphaned and double entries in the Start Menu even with totally fresh installations ... A real mess and no solutions yet ....

Win7ine, Dec 16, 2017
  6. Win7ine Win User
    You could try clearing the File Explorer History and Cleaning up the ComponentStore if a Cleanup is recommended in an elevated PowerShell

Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update [​IMG]

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Windows\system32> dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.125

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Component Store (WinSxS) information:

Windows Explorer Reported Size of Component Store : 6.80 GB

Actual Size of Component Store : 6.69 GB

Shared with Windows : 6.00 GB
    Backups and Disabled Features : 514.13 MB
    Cache and Temporary Data : 178.19 MB

Date of Last Cleanup : 2017-12-12 23:15:44

Number of Reclaimable Packages : 0
    Component Store Cleanup Recommended : No

The operation completed successfully.
    PS C:\Windows\system32>

PS C:\Windows\system32> Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Win7ine, Dec 16, 2017
  7. JohnnyGui Win User
    Thanks for this, I'll try it. Would this fix the issue permanently though?

Also, regarding your first post, do you have the exact same issue?

JohnnyGui, Dec 19, 2017
  8. Win7ine Win User

I guess so as there was a Microsoft Store update a few days ago which hopefully addresses this mess. And yes I had the same issue with some tiles Get Office, My Office but ended up reinstalling from scratch before waiting for a fix. The other day I installed 1709 16299.15 afresh on another machine, updated to 16299.125 and had notice a double tile in the Start Menu 2 days later, this machine had nothing else on it. Managed to remove the second non functioning tile with the above mentioned method or it got fixed by the Store Update.

Win7ine, Dec 19, 2017
  9. JohnnyGui Win User
    Just saw that update popping up in Windows Update. I'm not sure if it will fix my problem because my mentioned issue also occurs for when I uninstall third party software outside of the Windows Store. I'll install the update anyway and see if any shortcut tiles remains after I've uninstall an app or software.

I've also sent a feedback through the Feedback Hub app about this problem. I hope they are actually doing something with these feedbacks.

JohnnyGui, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update - Similar Threads - Bug shortcut tiles

2. Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.: what do you use to stream? shadowplay? if so.. turn it off and see how your game runs.
  3. AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?

in Browsers and Email
    AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?: Hello, I remember before the Fall Creators Update, Edge would autofill certain pages addresses that I visited before when I start typing a word of the subject that the page is discussing (thus not necessarily the address itself). This does not seem to work anymore...
  4. USB3 bug in Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB3 bug in Fall Creator's Update: I have the problem described in http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-...rs-update.html on both a desktop and laptop. I tried all the fixes it describes and none of them work. Is anyone aware of a fix that does work? 96376
  5. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  6. Fall Creators Update Bug - Slows Windows and Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Bug - Slows Windows and Apps: Update went flawlessly. But now many programs open more slowly (5 to 10 seconds vs. 1 second). When they open, you can't click on the menu for 5-10 seconds. Happens in many apps like UltraEdit, Nitro Pro, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Some other apps work fine (e.g, Firefox, IE, etc.)...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....