Windows 10: Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

Discus and support Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2019.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

Hello,

I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this:
    Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page d883da16-81e5-47ac-a733-0047a7d2ee27?upload=true.jpg

However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows:

Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page 28258474-8477-4052-814d-c70c63654724?upload=true.png

Also, notice that YouTube doesn't have an icon.

I don't know what triggered this. I didnt'make any changes to my PC and /sfc scannow doesn't show any corruptions. Removing the websites and putting them again does not fix the problem. I have Windows 10 Pro x64 1809.

Anyone else experiencing this bug lately? Perhaps someone can test this out with the websites that I have shown?

:)

JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

Open Edge > top right, click the 3 dots icon > select Settings > under Open With, select New tab page > under Open new tab with, click the pointer and select Top sites or Top sites and suggested content.
    That's it.
    See if that works now.
    If still problematic, and if you have CCleaner, open CCleaner, left side under Windows, make sure top 6 boxes are checked, then run CCleaner.

After that, check if top sites are back.

davidhk, Jul 29, 2019
  3. "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

He,

Whenever I open a new tab in Edge I want it to display a blank page.

When I set this in the settings menu it is automatically reset when using the "clear browsing data" menu and it is reverted back to "Top sites and suggested content".

This is clearly a bug as this is not listed in the "choose what to clear" menu.

greets, Pim

Pim Scheffers, Jul 29, 2019
  4. dburne Win User

Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

Just curious if this is unique to me or if others see this, and/or if it is a known bug.

I oftentimes will use the top sites list to click on a webpage, I click on a new tab and that list is populated with the 8 most used sites I go to. Oftentimes, I will click on a new tab and suddenly the list is totally blank. I can close Edge out, reopen it, and it is populated once again.

Does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to it, seems to be totally random when it happens. And when it does, only way to get them back is to close Edge out and reopen it.

dburne, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page - Similar Threads - Bug Top Sites

2. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  3. New tab and top sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New tab and top sites: My computer updated today and now the top sites do not show up when I open a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-tab-and-top-sites/b69d074d-be84-4cf4-a049-babc3a268532
  4. Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?

in Browsers and Email
    Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [img] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [img] Notice that YouTube doesn't have any...
  5. Tabbed pages on top.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tabbed pages on top.: I have pages on top of my screen and do not know where the tab button is o turn that feature off. It is very annoying when it happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-pages-on-top/63845b32-ea82-4e30-8ea5-3e25c40a2a38
  6. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error: [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is...
  7. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

in Browsers and Email
    Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+: One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config Code: browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows[/quote] Default is two [img] Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning I entered 3 so I have 3 rows...
  8. Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox: How to: Add and Remove Search Engine Icons on New Tab Top Sites in Firefox How to Add and Remove Search Engine Shortcut Icons in Top Sites on Firefox New Tab page Starting with Firefox 63.0, search shortcuts for Top Sites were added. Amazon and Google appear as Top...
  9. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  10. Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox: How to: Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox How to Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. By default, Firefox displays...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows edge top sites icons

2. my top site icons background turns white in microsoft edge