Windows 10: Bugcheck possibly USB drive related

Discus and support Bugcheck possibly USB drive related in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi find attached the bug check report, only two things that I can think of that would have caused this is USB drives attached, using KeepAliveHD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sangiro, Jun 21, 2016.

1. sangiro Win User

Bugcheck possibly USB drive related

Hi find attached the bug check report, only two things that I can think of that would have caused this is USB drives attached, using KeepAliveHD to have my Western Digital My Book Drive not go to sleep or the GEFORCE drivers, which is updated but I do know there is issues with the new GEFORCE drivers. I include another programs diagnostics for DMP files if it can be of possible help

:)

sangiro, Jun 21, 2016

2. usb drives

Windows isn't seeing my USB drives i cant format or copy a media to any of the ports for the usbs

* Moved from Insider

* Possibly related USB
    drive

Denise Catino, Jun 21, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Constant BSOD, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Error. How do I stop this?

Here's some info from a minidump file. The error is consistent:

BugCheck FE, {4, ffffe001e199dcf0, ffffe001e24bca90, ffffe001e68e1a0c}

Probably caused by : USBPORT.SYS ( USBPORT!USBPORT_ProcessURB+1049b )

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (fe)

USB Driver bugcheck, first parameter is USB bugcheck code.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000004, IRP_URB_DOUBLE_SUBMIT The caller has submitted an irp

that is already pending in the USB bus driver.

Arg2: ffffe001e199dcf0, Address of IRP

Arg3: ffffe001e24bca90, Address of URB

Arg4: ffffe001e68e1a0c

The error appears to be software (driver) related:

USB Bugcheck FE: BAD_URB (Double URB Submit) – What is it and how to avoid it?

Can you provide the following file via OneDrive which should contain more information on the crash:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

The memory.dmp file will be quite large so you could zip and compress the file with a third party application such as 7-Zip.

auggy, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The dump indicates a problem with Comodo firewall:

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys[/quote] Please uninstall Comodo Firewall, see if that resolves the problem.
    Make sure the built-in Windows Firewall is running (Control Panel, Windows Firewall).

If problems continue, enable Driver Verifier and let's see what that tells us.

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  5. sangiro Win User
    Hi Ztruker, it is possible. I updated Comodo after the BSOD. Do you think I must run the Driver Verifier in order to see if it still give hiccups or let it run for 72 hours and see what will happen?

Please uninstall Comodo Firewall, see if that resolves the problem.
    Make sure the built-in Windows Firewall is running (Control Panel, Windows Firewall).

If problems continue, enable Driver Verifier and let's see what that tells us.

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.[/quote]

sangiro, Jun 22, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I'd say wait and see what happens. Run DV if more problems.

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  7. sangiro Win User
    Hi the laptop was running OK till today. Herewith the latest dump report

sangiro, Jun 27, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

The last dump points to nldrv.sys:
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nldrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nldrv.sys[/quote] This belongs to Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver. The one you have is dated 14-Mar-16 which is newer than the latest 8.1 driver on the ASUS web site. No Win 10 drivers offered. Where and when did you get this driver.

Ztruker, Jun 27, 2016
  9. sangiro Win User
    Hi Rich it was installed by DriverDr software, I rolled back to what is most probably the standard Windows driver 10.0.0.321 dated June 2014

sangiro, Jun 27, 2016
  10. sangiro Win User
    It crashed twice after roll back. I had a good run with Windows 10 but I need stability so I am thinking of reinstalling Windows 8 specifically 8.1. I cannot go on like this

sangiro, Jun 27, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bugcheck possibly USB drive related - Similar Threads - Bugcheck possibly USB

2. Relatively Frequent Bugcheck Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relatively Frequent Bugcheck Crash: Hello, I'm experiencing a myriad of crashes blue screens with different causes and sudden restarts from my computer, and have been for quite a while, but this one seems like one I can actually ask for help on.I keep receiving this in the event viewer:From 10/3The computer has...
  3. Relatively Frequent Bugcheck Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relatively Frequent Bugcheck Crash: Hello, I'm experiencing a myriad of crashes blue screens with different causes and sudden restarts from my computer, and have been for quite a while, but this one seems like one I can actually ask for help on.I keep receiving this in the event viewer:From 10/3The computer has...
  4. Relatively Frequent Bugcheck Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezing, possibly related to usb

Computer freezing, possibly related to usb: I've been having an issue with my computer for the past few weeks. The video and sound will freeze completely and after a few seconds, the sound will return with the sound notification as if something has been plugged into a USB port but the video does not unfreeze. When I...
  6. BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?

BSoDs Possibly Tablet Related?: Hi, so I keep on getting frequent different errored blue screens and I think it may have something to do with my tablet driver. Although they used to happen almost 5+ times a day before, a quick system reinstall fixed it. They now only seem to reliably happen when I'm using...
  7. Windows Relative Path Shortcut on USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Relative Path Shortcut on USB drive: Does anyone know how to create a relative shortcut on an USB drive linked to a different location on the same USB drive? This is needed because the drive letter can be different on another pc wich would lead to the shortcut being broken. submitted by /u/Initial_Meaning...
  8. BSOD for no reason on New Win10Pro install. Possible USB related.

BSOD for no reason on New Win10Pro install. Possible USB related.: Hi there, I have the Asus P9x79 Pro motherboard. Windows 10 jacked up my system some time ago and the latest update caused a several minute lag on my login screen. I also ran into DCP Watchdog violation BSOD at least once a day. I did a clean install using Microsoft's...
  9. BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

BSOD - Possibly hardware related?: Hi all, I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with. When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to be shipped back for fixing. Since i've gotten it back, I have had BSODs ranging from 0-2 times a week up to 6 times in a...
  10. Possible corruption - VPN related?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible corruption - VPN related?: Some backstory - I purchased a new laptop at the end of April. After about two or so months, it became corrupted...tiles not working, no Microsoft/Windows programs would load, and so on. I had the OS reinstalled but I was never able to find out the cause of the corruption. I...