Windows 10: Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove

Discus and support Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, First off, please do not post generic instructions on how to delete accounts in Windows Mail. I'm an advanced user, and I have already tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nevercopter, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove

Hi,

First off, please do not post generic instructions on how to delete accounts in Windows Mail.

I'm an advanced user, and I have already tried all conventional methods.

Please. I mean it. If you do, that'll only mean you have not read the topic. Thanks.

The issue:

I'm using Windows Mail not MS Office Outlook.

Two bugged Microsoft accounts appear on it all the time. They belong to me and are generally in use, but arenot functional in the Mail app. They are bugged and do not work. They do not fetch mail and can't be used to send it. They just hang there, that's it.

They seem to have bugged out after one questionable backup&restore procedure on my User folder.

As I've previously mentioned, I can't delete them nor make them work.

• If I try deleting them using the Mail app's UI, simply no dialog shows up after I press on the account name in the 'Manage accounts' section of options. This is why no generic instruction on account removal helps me.
    • If I try uninstalling app using Windows App and Features window, these two accounts just reappear after I reinstall the Mail app and set up my account. Whatever I do, I end up with three accounts in the Mail app: one working ant two bugged I can't get rid of.
    • Deleting the microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps in AppData\Local\Packages won't help because this is what uninstalling also does.

I think there're some files in the User folder that make those bugged accounts appear. I've tried some guides on this but they seem a bit dated, and my up-to-date Windows doesn't store Mail data in the folders I've read about in those guides anymore.

Is there any way to get rid of this junk data without purging my User folder? Where should I look for it?

Thanks.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1909.

:)

Nevercopter, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 15, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove

Manually removing account from Windows 10 Mail app

Hi Ryan,

Let's see if you already have followed the correct steps in removing the account from the Mail app.

Kindly check this link for the
    steps in deleting an email account from the Mail app.

If these are the same steps you already have followed to remove the email account, you may check these links in troubleshooting the Mail app:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove

1. Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove - Similar Threads - Bugged Accounts Mail

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  5. Trouble with bugged accounts in Windows 10 Mail app

Trouble with bugged accounts in Windows 10 Mail app: I have two broken email accounts listed in the Mail app that I am trying to remove/repair. They do not display emails, and I cannot access the account settings dialogue to remove them like I can for other accounts. When I open Windows Settings>Accounts>Email & accounts, these...
  6. Possible bug with Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible bug with Mail App: Hey, so I just got a fake junk email to my regular inbox. I have swipe options ON and to the left means "move to junk". I tried to do the swipe, and I remember they worked well, but now for some reason it detaches de mail from the list as if you were moving an object, instead...
  7. Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove

Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove: I had to do a system restore, and when I opened the Microsoft Mail account, my accounts from before were showing up even though they were no longer connected via the Email & accounts tab in Windows Accounts Settings. I have readded the accounts, but there is no way to remove...
  8. mail app password bug???

mail app password bug???: I added a new email to my windows 10 mail app. I already have 3 email accounts that work fine. The new account (it's an aol email) crashes and keeps asking me to "update my password". I do, repeatedly, and it keeps crashing and asking again. None of the suggested "fixes"...
  9. Two bugs in the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Two bugs in the Mail App: Hello, I'm experiencing 2 annoying bugs in the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 x64 Pro. I'm not sure if this is a fault at my end or not. 1. I have linked a Gmail account in the Windows Mail app and have chosen to put the category "Concepts" of that account in the...
  10. Remove a account Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Remove a account Mail: I have been looking in tutorials and other posts and do not have a solution to this problem. In Mail I have two accounts. One is my personal MSN account and the other is a Exchange account with my former employer. Obviously the former employer has deactivated my account....