Windows 10: Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

Discus and support Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today it was the third time in 2 weeks that this happened to me. I was looking at the clock and it showed 9:04, while when I clicked it it was already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lyst, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Lyst Win User

Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

Today it was the third time in 2 weeks that this happened to me. I was looking at the clock and it showed 9:04, while when I clicked it it was already 09:34. When I clicked on the Whatsapp icon on the taskbar, Windows Mail got started and when I clicked the Windows mail icon, everything got minimized. I tried to make a screenshot, but I was unable to launch paint, the start menu worked fine, but it resulted in a blacked out window. I couldn't even start task manager to restart explorer.exe.

I've also got Windows randomly freezing, sound tends to play another 5-10 seconds longer, but then also stops working. The only thing I can do is shutting the power down. And sometimes I get random black pixels, like dead ones, but moving across the screen when scrolling. I know the problems in this paragraph are probably hardware related, but I thought maybe they could be connected the problem in the first paragraph.

:)

2. Egorro Win User

Taskbar Mail icon continues to show unread mail count after emails are read

I also have this bug for a long time. Sometimes reading new mail resets the icon counter, but sometimes it keep showing as unread ((in both Taskbar and Start menu, while in the program itself there aren't unread messages at all). To clear it manually you
    can click that icon 2-3 times: launched Mail app is minimized and restored and the icon counter resets.

Egorro, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Stokkky Win User
    Windows 10 Not Launching

A fresh install of Windows 10 Home worked fine. An unstoppable "Update" occurred. After that I can launch NOTHING. Obviously I cannot get WINVER. Upon selecting an application on the Taskbar, it appears that it is launching as the Disk Indicator is agitated.
    The launched icon is highlighted on the taskbar as normal. But the application does not fill the screen/desktop. I click the highlighted icon on the taskbar and it appears as a selection, but recedes without displaying my application. I select Cortana (!)
    and he/she pops up all details as normal, but still does not show my application. I am constantly looking at a blank desktop. Last time I managed to launch rstrui.exe. The return to restore point worked and everything became normal again. Overnight the automatic
    update to make everything 'better' got back to the 'No Launch" problem. I cannot give you details as the O/S does not work. The only answer I have is rstrui.exe again. When I am asked for further details, I cannot give any further, because the 'Update' is
    not giving me any. Nothing. How can I prevent this destructive 'Update' short of disconnecting from the Internet?

Stokkky, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

1. Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications. - Similar Threads - Bugged Taskbar updating

2. Windows taskbar icons bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar icons bug: Some icons look cut, already tried to restart a PC, Explorer, and apps that have these bugged icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-icons-bug/dab4acf3-580e-4dff-a18b-b37746d2fd0c
  3. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icon Bug: My taskbar icons act like my mouse is hovered over them when it's actually not.This only happens on my main screen. Any help in fixing this would be great.I already found this - Taskbar hover bug - Microsoft Community - and the solution posted there isn't a permanent fix. The...
  4. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  5. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  6. Mail taskbar icon bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail taskbar icon bug: Hi!So,I have this bug,that when i have no e-mails,the mail icon in taskbar says that i have two new e-mails,but when i select Gmail or Outlook,I HAVE NO NEW E-MAILS.Is there a solution to solve this bug? *If you don't understand some words,I am from Romania and my windows...
  7. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  8. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  9. Application Icons bugged...

Application Icons bugged...: Hi, randomly my PC zoomed to 200% and now either half the icons are blank or the image in them is really small. Like for netflix the N got very small. Any way to fix this? Already tried a pc restart. And there is also a noticable box around every icon now. The PnG icons now...
  10. Icons in Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Bug: [img] How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing. 9723