Windows 10: Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

Discus and support Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today it was the third time in 2 weeks that this happened to me. I was looking at the clock and it showed 9:04, while when I clicked it it was already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lyst, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Lyst Win User

Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

Today it was the third time in 2 weeks that this happened to me. I was looking at the clock and it showed 9:04, while when I clicked it it was already 09:34. When I clicked on the Whatsapp icon on the taskbar, Windows Mail got started and when I clicked the Windows mail icon, everything got minimized. I tried to make a screenshot, but I was unable to launch paint, the start menu worked fine, but it resulted in a blacked out window. I couldn't even start task manager to restart explorer.exe.

I've also got Windows randomly freezing, sound tends to play another 5-10 seconds longer, but then also stops working. The only thing I can do is shutting the power down. And sometimes I get random black pixels, like dead ones, but moving across the screen when scrolling. I know the problems in this paragraph are probably hardware related, but I thought maybe they could be connected the problem in the first paragraph.

:)

2. Egorro Win User

Taskbar Mail icon continues to show unread mail count after emails are read

I also have this bug for a long time. Sometimes reading new mail resets the icon counter, but sometimes it keep showing as unread ((in both Taskbar and Start menu, while in the program itself there aren't unread messages at all). To clear it manually you
    can click that icon 2-3 times: launched Mail app is minimized and restored and the icon counter resets.

Egorro, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Stokkky Win User
    Windows 10 Not Launching

A fresh install of Windows 10 Home worked fine. An unstoppable "Update" occurred. After that I can launch NOTHING. Obviously I cannot get WINVER. Upon selecting an application on the Taskbar, it appears that it is launching as the Disk Indicator is agitated.
    The launched icon is highlighted on the taskbar as normal. But the application does not fill the screen/desktop. I click the highlighted icon on the taskbar and it appears as a selection, but recedes without displaying my application. I select Cortana (!)
    and he/she pops up all details as normal, but still does not show my application. I am constantly looking at a blank desktop. Last time I managed to launch rstrui.exe. The return to restore point worked and everything became normal again. Overnight the automatic
    update to make everything 'better' got back to the 'No Launch" problem. I cannot give you details as the O/S does not work. The only answer I have is rstrui.exe again. When I am asked for further details, I cannot give any further, because the 'Update' is
    not giving me any. Nothing. How can I prevent this destructive 'Update' short of disconnecting from the Internet?

Stokkky, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

1. Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications. - Similar Threads - Bugged Taskbar updating

2. Wrong Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Time: I have recently wiped my PC and found that after doing so the clock on my PC was 3 hours ahead. I have tried everything, even manually setting it, but nothing works. When I reset my PC after manually setting the time to the right time, it changes back to being 3 hours ahead....
  3. generic application icons in taskbar

generic application icons in taskbar: Hi, just two days ago I did a fresh installation of windows 10 v. 1809 and reinstalled all the applications that I use on a regular basis. I've run in to a strange issue where some of the icons in the task bar appear as generic icons as you can see in the screenshot. The...
  4. Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10

Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on a MS Surface Pro as a company provided device for work. I pin a lot of icons to the taskbar and use the option 'Use small taskbar buttons'. When that works fine, it's great, but recently the taskbar icons have been tiny! (example below)...
  5. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....
  6. Taskbar right click on icons colour wrong

Taskbar right click on icons colour wrong: Had Windows 10 installed but gave to many problems with some games i play so decided to go back to Windows 8.1. The problem i have is when i right click on a icon on the taskbar the popup box/menu colour is all wrong any idea how to fix this? Screen shot: [img] 16950
  7. Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome taskbar icon fails to launch repeatedly: i can create a Chrome taskbar Icon by right clicking the chrome.exe file. When I first launch Chrome using the taskbar icon it launches as it should. However, for reasons unknown to me, after a period of time the Chrome Taskbar icon loses its functionally and I get the...
  8. Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.: I have a Bible program in my taskbar that when I click on it, a popup appears asking if I want to continue installing Office Professional 2003, which is already installed. If I let it run the message pops up that is attached by screen capture. Even if I try to start eSword...
  9. Icons in Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Bug: [img] How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing. 9723
  10. Taskbar icons showing wrong app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons showing wrong app?: My taskbar icons are suddenly showing the wrong app. This is a screenshot the taskbar with an open a PDF, it is showing the icon for Photoshop: [img] The file icons display correctly elsewhere. I've tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 37980