Windows 10: Buggy/corrupted mouse drivers

Discus and support Buggy/corrupted mouse drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop uses a USB wired mouse, the mouse worked fine for a month or two, then just started glitching out. Right clicks act as both left and right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eastman, May 29, 2016.

1. eastman Win User

Buggy/corrupted mouse drivers

My desktop uses a USB wired mouse, the mouse worked fine for a month or two, then just started glitching out. Right clicks act as both left and right (at the same time, ikr, it's weird), and left clicks often refuse to go through. I'm assuming that it's the driver, not the mouse, but I could be wrong. I haven't gotten a chance to test the mouse on other systems, but I will try and update this post when I do. The mouse is only a few months old (as is the desktop), so I doubt that the mouse itself is broken, and if it was faulty it wouldn't have worked very well the first time I booted the tower. In attempts to fix the driver I have uninstalled the device and deleted the drivers then unplugged and replugged, works for a few minutes, then goes back to glitches. I can't seem to find a driver download on the Asus website for the model mouse I have, just a user manual. I've also done numerous virus scans with programs like Hitman pro, Malwarebytes, and the service I pay for, Kasperksy. Any ideas as to why this happens? I have exhausted my troubleshooting for now, and don't have a clue, please leave suggestions, thanks.

:)

eastman, May 29, 2016
  2. J.DD Win User

File Explorer Crash

Looks like DU170.dll is crashing it. I think it's a windows file. It maybe corrupt

One site says it maybe a video driver prob. Try uninstalling / updating them

It could be something you've installed thats added an option to the right mouse button. Buggy addons or extensions can also crash file explorer

3. The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Thanks for your reply.

I am already familiar with configuring Mouse Pointer Trails.

I am already using the latest driver with my Mouse. It's a very vanilla MS Optical Mouse 100, so there's no fancy driver issue with it. Also, as I've said in the description, switching the game configuration from DX9 to DX11 is the only thing necessary to
    demonstrate the buggy behaviour.

Since the game I am playing does not support DX12, I cannot test with DX12.

Its_Just_Me_65856764645342, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Buggy/corrupted mouse drivers

1. Buggy/corrupted mouse drivers - Similar Threads - Buggy corrupted mouse

2. Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall: Hello,Yesterday, my PC encountered a blue screen of death. Rebooting and Windows Auto-repair resolved the issue, but now my mouse is not working. My mouse is an ET T7. It works when plugged into another computer. Plugging in another mouse to my PC does not work. Windows...
  3. Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall: Hello,Yesterday, my PC encountered a blue screen of death. Rebooting and Windows Auto-repair resolved the issue, but now my mouse is not working. My mouse is an ET T7. It works when plugged into another computer. Plugging in another mouse to my PC does not work. Windows...
  4. Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse being extremely buggy

Mouse being extremely buggy: My mouse is not working properly, middle click is being inputted randomly, left click stops working sometimes, left click sometimes clicks through tabs and taskbar is not responsive.i updated the drivers and the same problem happens on different mouses, i uninstalled and...
  6. Mouse being extremely buggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse being extremely buggy: My mouse is not working properly, middle click is being inputted randomly, left click stops working sometimes, left click sometimes clicks through tabs and taskbar is not responsive.i updated the drivers and the same problem happens on different mouses, i uninstalled and...
  7. Mouse being extremely buggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers: Lost mouse cursor and also have error message on access to one drive. Have tried removing mouse drivers, but on restart no success. Do I need to make a restoration disk?...
  9. Mouse Drivers Corrupt?

Mouse Drivers Corrupt?: Sometimes when I boot up my machine, a second or two after desktop launches, my mouse pointer will stick to the right hand border of the screen. Any attempt to move the pointer will result in it being pulled back towards the screen edge. Occasionally, rather than the above,...
  10. Mouse stopped working -- possibly corrupted driver?

Mouse stopped working -- possibly corrupted driver?: (Running Windows 10) I attached an external hard drive that held recovery disk information, and suddenly my Dell desktop stopped recognizing my mouse -- any mouse, wired or wifi, to any USB (both mice check out fine with my laptop). I checked the Device Manager, and the mice...