Windows 10: Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug

Discus and support Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 home 64 bit, When selecting multiple files, then clicking 'new folder', the files will still be marked. A field is shown of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ProDigit, Oct 19, 2019.

1. ProDigit Win User

Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug

Running Windows 10 home 64 bit,

When selecting multiple files, then clicking 'new folder', the files will still be marked.

A field is shown of the new folder, where one can rename the folder.

When doing so, all selected files get renamed to the folder name.

Eg:, when the new folder is renamed to 'ABC', windows will start renaming all files to 'ABC (1)', 'ABC (1) (2)', 'ABC (1) (3)', etc....

The problem is that it happened on files on my Android phone connected via USB cable.
    So there was no way to undo the procedure.

:)

ProDigit, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug

1. Bugreport: Windows 10 folder/file rename bug - Similar Threads - Bugreport folder file

2. File Folder rename bug?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder rename bug?: Dear all,Is this a bug or not?Have you ever tried to rename a file/folder and get this annoying behavior from Windows 10? See description below:Step 1: Select the file/folderStep 2: Press F2 or right-click on it and select "rename". Windows 10 highlights the whole name in...
  3. Renaming folders and files

Renaming folders and files: File folders and documents won't rename without refreshing. New folder won't appear without refreshing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-folders-and-files/d173a7c3-230a-4a92-b71b-bb8308c3730d
  4. renaming pic files in folder.

renaming pic files in folder.: Various numbers and letters. This was easy with a simple right click on each pic and insert saved name+ 0 2,3,4,5,6. Now the operation is predicting and inserting and duplicating??? Thus needing more and more reworking - Why?...
  5. Bug ? - Renaming Files

Bug ? - Renaming Files: This seems to be a bug. Nonetheless would appreciate your resolution to each item. 1, WIndows 10 - When I rename a file that is not inside a folder, I can readily rename the file with absolutely no issue. However, if I rename a file that is inside a folder, it will always...
  6. How to rename Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rename Files and Folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A file name is described as the title of the file and the file extension. When you rename a file, only the first part of […] This article How to rename Files and Folders in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Bug in massive file extension renaming

Bug in massive file extension renaming: I'm found a wrong behavior in changing the file extension for more than one file. Having selected many file by the standard win10 file browser Win10 v1909, I try to change the extension in one shot by F2 key, by context menu, by Ribbon too. The regular box on the file name...
  8. renaming folders in Windows 10 file explorer

renaming folders in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a problem when renaming folders in file explorer in Windows 10. I can change the name of a folder, no problem. But when I do this with an EMPTY folder, the old folder is retained and a new separate folder is created with the new name. This happens even when I create...
  9. Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders

Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders: Hi, I have a client who uses offline files on a laptop and has Windows 10, version 1803. He is not able to rename any of the files or folders under his redirected Users folder, which is set to use offline files. I have checked permissions and there are no issues there....
  10. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...