Windows 10: Bugs after 20H2 update

Discus and support Bugs after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs: After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start After a restart if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GabSan99, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Bugs after 20H2 update

After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs:

After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start

After a restart if i try to open task manager it locks on not responding

Today i experienced a bug where my entire desktop freezed and was in not responding state (had to force turn off through the button on my computer)

Some icons won't load, and if i try to open properties desktop freezes

These are the problems I've experienced so far

PC specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB 3200MHz G.Skill, RTX 2070 Super, 512GB Sabrent Rocket SSD+1TB Seagate HDD, MSI X470 Gaming PRO Max

Thanks, and sorry for bad english (not my first language)

submitted by /u/GabSan99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GabSan99, Nov 19, 2020

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 19, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Bugs after 20H2 update

Straight to Windows 10 Update, Version 20H2

I've never downloaded the version 2004, since people said that it's bugged. And I only use my phone as the main source of data connection. Now then there's another new update, version 20H2.

My question is, does update 20H2 covered up the version 2004? Like the update 20H2 already had the 2004 In it?

If it does how much GB will I consume downloading the update?

I've heard that update 2004 size is 4GB, Is the update 20H2 file size is another 4GB? or just 1GB?

Please do tell me the total file size.. Cause I really, really have a limited internet connection.

EnricoLuis, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Bugs after 20H2 update

1. Bugs after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Bugs 20H2 update

2. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  3. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  4. My laptop has a bug after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop has a bug after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2.: Hey, a couple weeks ago, I decided to update my laptop to Windows 10 version 20H2. It was running fine until I tried to turning it on again the next day. Usually when I press the power button, it pops out my laptop's manufacturer name Which is ASUS in this case with loading...
  5. Bug after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bug after Update: Hello, There was an update I got for my Pc, Every thing was fine and updating fine and it also finish updating, but I realize that Windows Hello had got rested. I tried to enter my password to log in to my account but it keep saying "Offline mode, Connect to the internet."...
  6. Weird bug after windows update to version 20H2

Weird bug after windows update to version 20H2: I believe it started showing up after windows update. [ATTACH] as you can see date modified column has extra characters in front. It seems like it is showing up on all Windows10 file explorer. I need help on this since it might cause further problems along....
  7. 20H2 bug fixed?

20H2 bug fixed?: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1703 which is an unsupported version of windows 10 thus I am upgrading to 20H2 latest but I have heard that windows 10 20H2 has a bug which delete all personal files so did Microsoft fix this big?...
  8. Windows 10 20h2 update no startup bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20h2 update no startup bug: I have updated my laptop recently and I noticed the startup items are missing. I access this through task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-20h2-update-no-startup-bug/6fe9e5fd-8798-4983-8cdb-34ce0c9c13e6
  9. VLC player audio bug (20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio bug (20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  10. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 Defrag Bug.: Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-defrag-bug/13d0fd18-7c04-43a6-94e4-fc1ba0038789