Windows 10: Bugs from previous computer

Discus and support Bugs from previous computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new computer with what I thought was the best antivirus I could get. I had a double check in system and a unknown person was still able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cindechurm, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Bugs from previous computer

I bought a new computer with what I thought was the best antivirus I could get. I had a double check in system and a unknown person was still able to get in and change my setting along with adding a keylogger. I bought 2 more computers and got rid of the computer with XP that was "the master computer". I still have problems with the elements of the old computer that I had recycled on my new one. What can I do to get rid of all traces of the old computer other than a complete reset. My computer will not allow the folders to have the files in them as well there are so many files that I open and they are empty. I would delete these however if I do it may change what is working. I do not like that I never know if I can leave and come back to where I left off. I hate that the computer makes changes because of these bugs. Should I throw in the towel and get rid of everything, since the person responsible for this stupidity is no longer here?

:)

cindechurm, Sep 7, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 7, 2018
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Bugs from previous computer

reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Bugs from previous computer

1. Bugs from previous computer - Similar Threads - Bugs previous computer

2. Computer rebooted from bug check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooted from bug check: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 0x0000000000002000, 0xfffff805ebf88506, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 1182dc69-73a4-4724-8951-65f1e27e39b3.This is the error I am getting...
  3. Computer rebooted from bug check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooted from bug check: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 0x0000000000002000, 0xfffff805ebf88506, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 1182dc69-73a4-4724-8951-65f1e27e39b3.This is the error I am getting...
  4. The computer has rebooted from a bug check. The bug check was: 0x00000050...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bug check. The bug check was: 0x00000050...: I see that the minidump files are commonly requested to trouble shoot this error, so I uploaded them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezogass861vq5tl/Minidump.zip?dl=0It is a Lenovo Yoga X1 3rd gen running Windows 10 20h2.Thanks...
  5. Computer bugging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bugging: My computer always has the music player thing in the top left even when im not playing music and also when i try play videos it always scrubs it to the start and spams play and pause. Video of my issue: https://youtu.be/piUx-guWc6c Thanks in advanced!...
  6. The computer was rebooted from a Bug Check

in Windows 10 Customization
    The computer was rebooted from a Bug Check: While using my computer, I am receiving the windows BSOD with the stop code: Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. From event viewer I am able to see the message that "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck." The exact message is below. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  7. The computer was rebooted from a bug check

The computer was rebooted from a bug check: While using my computer, I am receiving the windows BSOD with the stop code: Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. From event viewer I am able to see the message that "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck." The exact message is below. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  8. Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.: Hello, I've just recently finished an updated computer build in which I changed everything except for the GPU and Hard Disks I was using, and upon Windows 10 Pro install I am unable to activate Windows as the license I purchased has been utilized too many times, that being...
  9. Removing the previous employee from computer

Removing the previous employee from computer: I'm working on the same computer as a previous employee. I've moved all of her files to an external drive and exported her email to a .pst file. Now, I want to completely remove her. She and I both have Office 365 accounts and I don't want her to lose her data but I need to...
  10. Workaround For A Previously Known Windows Sleep Bug Now Also Bugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Workaround For A Previously Known Windows Sleep Bug Now Also Bugged: There has been a bug in Windows sleep that has existed in both Windows 10 and in previous versions. When Windows wakes from sleep, on some machines it sees the wake event as a remote wakeup event. The result is that the normal power settings are completely ignored, and a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will restoring your computer to an earler date get rid of bugs