Windows 10: Bugs in Creators Update

Discus and support Bugs in Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed some things wrong after I downloaded the Creators Update. 1. The date and time is missing on the Task bar. Only one number of the time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NotEnoughRage, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Bugs in Creators Update

I noticed some things wrong after I downloaded the Creators Update.
    1. The date and time is missing on the Task bar. Only one number of the time and the colon is showing.
    2. When I right click on the Task bar, there is no button to adjust time and date.
    3. Task bar cannot be checked to lock the Task bar.
    4. My PC takes a lot longer to shut down.
    5. Where did Control Panel go? It was there when I right clicked on the Start Menu before the Update.
    6. There are things going wrong by the second. Just lost control of the mouse.
    7. Menu items are disappearing randomly.

:)

NotEnoughRage, Apr 14, 2017

2. Default apps icon has changed to Mail icon in 'Apps and Features' section in Settings after updated to OS build 15063

I have the same issue, and other people do as well. This is a bug when the Creators Update is applied. The only way to prevent this bug is if you do a system reset or clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update. This is a cosmetic issue, but it is VERY
    annoying. Come on Microsoft, fix this.

DeanLupari, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Screensaver will not exit

I have exactly the same problem since the Windows Creator update. I agree that this looks like a W10 creator bug.

LuceGenereux, Apr 14, 2017
  4. jamis Win User

Bugs in Creators Update

FWIW, I have none of the seven problems you listed. However, if you right click over the time area, you will get the option to adjust date/time.

jamis, Apr 14, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    How did you upgrade to CU ? Only one of your issues is normal-
    "5. Where did Control Panel go? It was there when I right clicked on the Start Menu before the Update."
    CP is now buried in the Action Center but easily accessible by typing 'C' in the search box.

To repair the other problems, I would do an In-place Repair from a 1703/CU ISO. Download the Media Creation Tool from this page (Download tool now) -
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Run the MCT until you can check option to create media for another PC. When finished, you'll have an ISO with a fresh copy of CU that you can put on your desktop. R-click it to 'Mount' or open with explorer. then run the setup.exe in the contents folder that opens. Complete tutorial and what windows to expect here -
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    You will be performing Steps 4 thru end, skipping 5. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    We are seeing lots of problems on the forum after this 'upgrade', including chkdsk not working correctly.

Steve C, Apr 15, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    None of the problems mentioned. Control panel will eventually be gone.

prikker, Apr 15, 2017
  8. vram Win User

Bugs in Creators Update

Movies and TV app- Rather frequently, I'll play a video and none of the controls work. I can watch it, but not use the progress slider to skip forward, not use the FF/RR buttons.

Close/Re-open video and controls will work.

9. AndreyT Win User
    Um... So, when you right-click the Start Menu, the menu that appears does contain the "Control Panel" entry?

AndreyT, Apr 16, 2017
  10. AddRAM Win User
    No Andrey, control panel is no longer on the start menu (pretty stupid imo) but you can simply add the icon to the taskbar.

The option to defer upgrades is gone with the CU, or I`m just missing it *Huh

AddRAM, Apr 16, 2017
  11. ONeill Win User
    I don't know if this is a bug, but in Education edition I have a message "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" on some settings (for example, Lock Screen setting is missing Windows Spotlight option and this is where the massage appears).

When I activate the same installation with Enterprise key, I don't get any messages and all options in Settings are available.

ONeill, Apr 16, 2017
  12. Plankton Win User
    You should probably do a clean install. Download the Media creation tool and put the ISO on a USB drive....then do a clean install. When you get to the part to choose from upgrade and custom, choose custom and when asked to input PK, just leave that blank. If this is an OEM system. If you have a retail key then go ahead and use that key when asked.

Plankton, Apr 16, 2017
  13. Bugs in Creators Update

big problems with Huawei Internet Keys that use Mobile Partner.
    Old and new models dont worl for me.
    Always error 633.
    Tried a lot of thing.
    Update drivers: useless
    Reinstall: useless
    Modify the registry and include reserved ports: useless

torrente2008, Apr 16, 2017
  14. Batakan Win User
    I got the same bug, but don't have enterprise serial.

Batakan, Apr 24, 2017
  15. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

Bugs in Creators Update

1. Bugs in Creators Update - Similar Threads - Bugs Creators Update

2. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...
  3. Microsoft acknowledges Creators Update game bugs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft acknowledges Creators Update game bugs.: https://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming...g-game-bugs/1/ https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-fi...rmance-issues/ Honestly thinking of getting Windows 7 now 93365
  4. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  5. USB3 bug in Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB3 bug in Fall Creator's Update: I have the problem described in http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-...rs-update.html on both a desktop and laptop. I tried all the fixes it describes and none of them work. Is anyone aware of a fix that does work? 96376
  6. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  7. Fall Creators Update Bug - Slows Windows and Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Bug - Slows Windows and Apps: Update went flawlessly. But now many programs open more slowly (5 to 10 seconds vs. 1 second). When they open, you can't click on the menu for 5-10 seconds. Happens in many apps like UltraEdit, Nitro Pro, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Some other apps work fine (e.g, Firefox, IE, etc.)...
  8. Wincows 10 Creators Update Personal Folder Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Wincows 10 Creators Update Personal Folder Bug: Hey all! Well... I just went straight to heaven and decided to buy a new faster HDD for my laptop, and instead of cloning the old one, I just went the clean install route, this time I installed Windows 10 1703 build as the only one software that exhibited bugs was updated...
  9. Behind-the-scenes of the Windows 10 Creators Update Bug Bash

in Windows 10 News
    Behind-the-scenes of the Windows 10 Creators Update Bug Bash: Hi! My name is Anita George, and I am the leader of the two Bug Bashes for the Windows 10 Creators Update (the one in November 2016 and the one we just finished up in Feb). For this most recent Bug Bash, Windows Insiders completed approximately 108,900 Quests and submitted or...
  10. Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update: Hello, Since the Fall Creators Update I have noticed that after uninstalling any software, the corresponding shortcut tiles in the Start Menu would still stay there but with a weird name title and without an icon. This happens when I uninstall any Windows Store apps as...