Windows 10: Bugs, working with flacs

Discus and support Bugs, working with flacs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have written a media player in C++, I focussed it to only play mp3(s). But I got a new NAS, I thought I could spare the space for flacs. I don't like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LaurieWhittaker, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Bugs, working with flacs

I have written a media player in C++, I focussed it to only play mp3(s). But I got a new NAS, I thought I could spare the space for flacs. I don't like music libraries that contain a mix. So I wanted a version that played only flacs. I found the libzplay libraries, which make music streaming very simple.
    I got a flac, wrote a little program and played it, fine.

I went to file properties on the flac, and noticed no contributing artist. I typed in xxxx and exited. I then went back in, the xxxx was gone. So I double clicked the file, which brought up the new player, it played for 5 secs, then just disappeared. I dropped it into WPM, which played perfectly, but it didn't display the contributing artist.

I tried musicbee, the contributing artist appeared as xxxx, fine.

I wanted to dissect the flac to see what I could change to make the flac file display correctly. So I created a folder called aa and dropped all the relevent programs into it. I typed libzplay into the file manager search field, it listed every folder and file in aa. 'aa' was a brand new folder in that location, but I often use the name for a temporary bunch of folders. I went to indexing and deleted all indices, then the search worked.

I tried to map my NAS shared folder to a drive, didn't show up under network. So I manually entered the location and mapped the drive, after this the drive does show up under Network.

This combined with icons being messed up on the desktop, and deleted files magically returning (after the trash can is emptied) makes me wish I had a noose and a Microsoft programmer.

By the way the flac problems could be related to the artist/albumartist tiff between unix and windows, they each want to pretend that they know what's best for the customer.

Microsoft 'Du Bist Ein Berliner' (for those of you who don't know it, this was a famous JFK faux pas.

:)

LaurieWhittaker, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Dazza1967 Win User

Groove displays "Unknown Artist"

I have the same issue too on Windows 10 Pro v1511 (Build 10586.446) but only with FLAC tracks.

I sometimes keep both a 320 Kbps MP3 and FLAC copy of albums, the MP3 versions converted from the FLAC ones using dBpoweramp R16. The strange thing is that the MP3 versions show the artist correctly yet the FLAC ones, which the MP3 ones are converted from,
    show as Unknown Artist.

I suspect that there is a bug in Groove that is not reading the Artist tag properly because that same tag reads fine when converted to MP3 without any further editing.

Dazza1967, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Ehsu99 Win User
    some FLAC Tags in Explorer not visible

Please wait, yesterday all my FLAC tags display 100%, with some plug-in installed.

This morning my PC took 5 minutes to ready. and show some Windows new features are ready for use. But 30% for FLAC file tags like figure above disappear in Explorer. WMP seems been re-set, so some setting lose. Previous disabled
    FLAC tags support automatic back with bug.

Be aware, Your Windows update is coming soon, Let's find a new solution for it.

Ehsu99, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Bugs, working with flacs

1. Bugs, working with flacs - Similar Threads - Bugs working flacs

2. flac formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  3. flac formats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  5. A Windows 10 bug can corrupt some FLAC music files, but there’s a fix

in Windows 10 News
    A Windows 10 bug can corrupt some FLAC music files, but there’s a fix: If you’re maintaining your own collection of FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) downloads from an online store, makes sure that you don’t edit the metadata using Windows 10’s File Explorer. This is according to a new support document issued by Microsoft. In Windows 10 version...
  6. Flac metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flac metadata: I have some Flacs that need some metadata edited but win10 can't? Mp3s can be edited just fine but Flacs are a no-go? Edit: It also can't even read the length of the Flac submitted by /u/THEK4I [link] [comments]...
  7. FLAC files and Groove Music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FLAC files and Groove Music: Hi! A few days ago I installed the 2004 update, and I have problems with FLAC files and its metadata; Groove Music created an "Unknown Album" album with many songs wich metadata is correct, but when I went to my music folder this files didn't have, apparently, metadata, if I...
  8. No popups for FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    No popups for FLAC files: When I hover the mouse cursor over an MP3 file, a little info box pops up. [img] I don't get it for FLAC files. [img] Is there a way to get it? Thanks in advance. 125285
  9. Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams: Hi there any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD I'm not a fan of things like spotify etc -- I prefer my music on my own library - especially if it's the type of music that doesn't appear in those sorts of...
  10. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program: Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits. Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played...