Windows 10: Build 10074 Enterprise X-64 - cannot launch apps from start menu

Discus and support Build 10074 Enterprise X-64 - cannot launch apps from start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Seems the problem with launching Desktop apps from the start menu still isn't fixed yet. (Upgrade from 10061) Cheers jimbo 5717 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Apr 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Build 10074 Enterprise X-64 - cannot launch apps from start menu

Hi there
    Seems the problem with launching Desktop apps from the start menu still isn't fixed yet. (Upgrade from 10061)

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 29, 2015

2. Window 10 download choice

Something else emerged, so I will use this opportunity to raise it.

The game I work on is European Air War. It was running OK on the previous build. I am now using build 10074, and when I launch the game it gets minimised to the taskbar, and the start menu appears. If I am able to bring up the window the start menu sits
    in front of it.

Build 10074 Enterprise X-64 - cannot launch apps from start menu [​IMG]

It is impossible to play a lobbied game at GameRanger. However, this was not an issue until I installed 10074.

I tried to report this some time ago as an "Enterprise Insider" but recieved no reponse.

I do not know if this is connected but the "Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen" checkbox does not appear When I view "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" and select the "Start Menu" tab.

Thanks

Hector McDonald, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Window 10 download choice

Thanks Ramesh, but the lobbied launch problem is not a driver or anti virus issue. The problem is that
    the inactive and unwanted start menu is covering up selection hotspots.

It should not be appearing and causing the trouble in the first place, and this only happens when I launch EAW in build 10074

Hector McDonald, Apr 29, 2015
  4. rmtracy Win User

Same problem with build 10061.

Seems to be a problem running 32bit apps.

Ray
    PS Guess I should have read the whole post, My Bad*Sad

rmtracy, Apr 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Build 10074 Enterprise X-64 - cannot launch apps from start menu - Similar Threads - Build 10074 Enterprise

2. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu: When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page: [ATTACH] I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:...
  3. Start Menu X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu X: Does anyone know how to remove windows apps from main program menu ie Cortana say..unlike Clasic Shell ( which i still have on my other pc )..you can just hightlight the application and simply delete it from program list...just keep the main applications you regularly...?...
  4. Build 10074 Mail App emojis gone?

in Browsers and Email
    Build 10074 Mail App emojis gone?: I updated to build 10074 today and noticed that along with the redesigned mail app that the emojis have seemed to disappear? I am not sure if they changed this or if this is an individual problem. This was also not mentioned in the changelog. Thanks 5771
  5. Build 10074 Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10074 Wallpaper: Hi Guys Looking to see if anyone can pass on the wallpaper from Build 10074 Gallery: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 Been searching for it, but unfortunately cannot locate it at all. Thanks for your help. 12136
  6. No Start Tile for Spartan Browser Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    No Start Tile for Spartan Browser Build 10074: There is no tile for Spartan in the Start menu and the All app list shows two blank tiles under the symbol & at the beginning of the list. [img] 5739
  7. build 10074 start menu interfering with games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    build 10074 start menu interfering with games: this is a clean installing using nvidia 352.64 drivers with nvidia 780 card and intel 3700k with 32gb mem. every time I start a game, the start menu open causing the game to go to the desktop. I try to get back into the games but the start menu opens again causing the...
  8. Stuck on Win10 Build 10074; Cannot update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on Win10 Build 10074; Cannot update: I am currently running "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview"; Build 10074. Today I received an error stating that my Version of Windows is outdated, and needs to be updated. It also stated that my pc will restart every couple hours, until it fails to start. I have tried using the...
  9. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...