Windows 10: Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have

Discus and support Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I installed build 10310 it did not ask for the activation code but when I checked in Control Panel it said it was already activated, so do I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrQueely, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MrQueely Win User

Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have

When I installed build 10310 it did not ask for the activation code but when I checked in Control Panel it said it was already activated, so do I still need to enter the Activation Code 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF ?

It seems strange that the activation code is given on this site and on Windows Insider download site and then it is not required.

I installed to a newly formatted and partitioned HD.

:)

MrQueely, Jun 24, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Does installing Winows 10 Technical preview make me eligible for the full version when it's released?

Only if you installed it from within an activated copy of Windows 7/8.1 and then activated the Insider Preview Build though your Microsoft Account. However, if you are still on Build 10130, which is well past it's "sell-by date" then the answer would probably
    be "No", as you should have installed further Build updates right up to the release of Windows 10 and they should have been activated.

I suggest you check the Insider Preview Activation status for your installation through the System Menu.

Erdeslawe, Jun 24, 2015
  3. dozrguy Win User
    Windows XP to Windows 10

download any of the expired preview builds

install and use code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

update to a non-expired build.

did it on a test machine today, starting with build 10130 and i am now activated on build 10525

dozrguy, Jun 24, 2015
  4. DKW
    DKW Win User

At the moment, you don't need it.

Thema:

1. Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have - Similar Threads - Build 10130 activated

2. Accidentally activated bitlocker, I have no code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally activated bitlocker, I have no code: So I was having issues with my laptop recognizing my charger. I went into the BIOS settings to see if i could change anything to make it recognize it. Anyway, the real issue is the fact i must have done something wrong and I accidentally activated bitlocker. After many hours...
  3. I have activation code but cannot find where to activate it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have activation code but cannot find where to activate it: I have activation code but cannot find where to put it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-activation-code-but-cannot-find-where-to/7c4cc0a4-29e7-452b-89ac-b07611ae2ec5
  4. I have an activation code but it isn't working

I have an activation code but it isn't working: [ATTACH] Note that I installed Windows 10 on Mac using "BootCamp Assistant" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-activation-code-but-it-isnt-working/7f948276-bfbb-4dca-a48e-70cb01116fb7
  5. Spacebar acting as Enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Spacebar acting as Enter: My Spacebar is acting like the Enter key in message boxes and this is the first time I have noticed it in the 6 months I have had the laptop (HP x360). I just checked an older Dell running Windows 10 Pro and it does the same thing so it is a Windows issue, how to solve? 152437
  6. Says I don't have activation code.

Says I don't have activation code.: Hello, Recently I was trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro with a product key I had lying around. But It didn't work and now I have it says I have need to activate it my device cam with a windows 10 key pre imputed my pc is a xps 13 9630...
  7. I HAVE ACTIVATED WINDOW 10 AND HAD A CODE

I HAVE ACTIVATED WINDOW 10 AND HAD A CODE: I HAVE ACTIVATED WINDOW 10 AND HAD A CODE BUT IT WONT LET ME CHANGE ANYTHING AND TELLS ME IT CANT BE ACTIVATED. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/366df1e4-e8be-4463-ba03-05e66f66a700"
  8. Firefox on build 10130

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox on build 10130: For some reason; the latest build of the tech preview keeps resetting my default browser from firefox to I believe internet explorer or the new one for 10 microsoft edge. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? This seems to be a bug in the tech preview? 7147
  9. Should I Still Backup With Macrium?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Should I Still Backup With Macrium?: I'm a bit confused guys as to whether I should still use Macrium to make an image. If I already have a Bootable USB Flash Drive with FCU (1709) on it which I made using MCT to get the ISO and Rufus to make the Bootable, why would I need to make a system image in Macrium?...
  10. should I reinstall build 10074

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should I reinstall build 10074: All was working well with build 10074, then for some reason, I lost the start screen, Cortana and the ability to personalize the display. I can right click the start icon (greyed out) and I can click on the 'search' option , but nothing happens. Dare I reinstall 10074, or...