Windows 10: Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have

Discus and support Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I installed build 10310 it did not ask for the activation code but when I checked in Control Panel it said it was already activated, so do I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrQueely, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MrQueely Win User

Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have

When I installed build 10310 it did not ask for the activation code but when I checked in Control Panel it said it was already activated, so do I still need to enter the Activation Code 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF ?

It seems strange that the activation code is given on this site and on Windows Insider download site and then it is not required.

I installed to a newly formatted and partitioned HD.

:)

MrQueely, Jun 24, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Does installing Winows 10 Technical preview make me eligible for the full version when it's released?

Only if you installed it from within an activated copy of Windows 7/8.1 and then activated the Insider Preview Build though your Microsoft Account. However, if you are still on Build 10130, which is well past it's "sell-by date" then the answer would probably
    be "No", as you should have installed further Build updates right up to the release of Windows 10 and they should have been activated.

I suggest you check the Insider Preview Activation status for your installation through the System Menu.

Erdeslawe, Jun 24, 2015
  3. dozrguy Win User
    Windows XP to Windows 10

download any of the expired preview builds

install and use code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

update to a non-expired build.

did it on a test machine today, starting with build 10130 and i am now activated on build 10525

dozrguy, Jun 24, 2015
  4. DKW
    DKW Win User

At the moment, you don't need it.

Thema:

1. Build 10130 activated itself, should I still enter the act code I have - Similar Threads - Build 10130 activated

2. Will I still have windows 10 if I build another PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I still have windows 10 if I build another PC?: For context, I have the standard Windows 10 OS on a computer that was built years ago and windows most likely was not activated with my Microsoft account. I'm planning to build a new pc and the only thing I'm keeping from my old one is the SSD which will be wiped anyway and...
  3. Should I still install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I still install?: Hi, I'm trying to install win 10 on a new hdd but encountered that windows won't install as the drive may fail..however after closing the prompt, I realized I could still have the option to install but them again...wonder if the hdd will crash on me soon or there's no...
  4. Wrong Activation code entered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong Activation code entered: I had 2 computers to install windows on, pc1 and pc2. I accidentally installed the activation code from pc2 on pc1. I thought if I activated pc1 with the correct code, it would remove the lock on the product key for pc2 and allow me to activate the product key for pc2. It did...
  5. Spacebar acting as Enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Spacebar acting as Enter: My Spacebar is acting like the Enter key in message boxes and this is the first time I have noticed it in the 6 months I have had the laptop (HP x360). I just checked an older Dell running Windows 10 Pro and it does the same thing so it is a Windows issue, how to solve? 152437
  6. Firefox on build 10130

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox on build 10130: For some reason; the latest build of the tech preview keeps resetting my default browser from firefox to I believe internet explorer or the new one for 10 microsoft edge. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? This seems to be a bug in the tech preview? 7147
  7. build 10130 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    build 10130 product key: I installed this version of win 10.... build 10130 and going through the settings I see that it is not activated. Seems it needs a product key.. Does it actually need one? If so, where do i get it? Thanks for all the information. *Wink Now I remember where it came...
  8. Should I Still Backup With Macrium?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Should I Still Backup With Macrium?: I'm a bit confused guys as to whether I should still use Macrium to make an image. If I already have a Bootable USB Flash Drive with FCU (1709) on it which I made using MCT to get the ISO and Rufus to make the Bootable, why would I need to make a system image in Macrium?...
  9. Build 10130 killed my sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Build 10130 killed my sound: Immediately after installing 10130, no sound will play on any application through speakers or headphones. Sounds worked fine on 10094. Device Manager says my VIA HD Audio (compatible) is working fine. When I go into Audio properties and try to configure speakers, it says...
  10. Unable to find build 10130

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find build 10130: I downloaded and installed Tech Preview 10130, upgrading from 10074. Today I had to revert back to 10130 because of an issue with iTunes. I solved the issue and now I want to re-upgrade to 10130 again. When I go into Windows Updates though, it tells me that there are no...