Windows 10: Build 10158 Cannot switch to MS ACCOUNT

Discus and support Build 10158 Cannot switch to MS ACCOUNT in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there I can't switch to an MS account on build 10158 (means I can't get build 10159 update). The option sign in with Ms account is greyed out.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jimbo45, Jun 30, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Build 10158 Cannot switch to MS ACCOUNT

Hi there

I can't switch to an MS account on build 10158 (means I can't get build 10159 update). The option sign in with Ms account is greyed out.

Any ideas please.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 30, 2015
  2. Jen850 Win User

Is there a an iso copy of Windows 10 build 10158 on the web?

Is there a an iso copy of win10 build 10158 on the web?

Jen850, Jun 30, 2015
  3. where did the insiders hub go in build 10158 it seems to be missing.

can't find insiders hub in build 10158

CrisantaVincze, Jun 30, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Jimbo, have you already had that account connected to an MS Account, then switched back to a local account, and would like now to reconnect the MS account? Or is this account always been a local account, never been connected to an MS account?

5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

It's always been a LOCAL account. I do though have an Ms account (Old TechNet etc).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 30, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    OK.

Go to your account page in Settings. If the "Use an MS Account instead" is grayed out or not shown at all, select "Family & other users" at the left pane. There's also a link to switch to an MS Account which usually works and is present and clickable even when the main link on your account page is not.

Can't make a screenshot for you, I'm signing in with an Azure AD account which disables the Family Member accounts therefore not having the link in Family & other users. The option is however shown in video in this post: Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 36 - Windows 10 Forums

7. Edwin New Member
    @ jimbo45 :
    Try here:

Build 10158 Cannot switch to MS ACCOUNT [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 30, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

It's definitely broken -- I can't even ADD an account / user -- I get a quick screen flash and the screen disappears.

What DOES seem to be working though --booted up an OLD VM Build 9926, switched to an MS account OK and now performing zillions of updates. Release of VMware BTW is the same so it's not the VM software causing the problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 30, 2015
  9. Hello, I can't switch to a MS account on windows 10 installed from windows 7 that never had a microsoft account.

What can i do ?

Thank you for your help.

buythiscomputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 10158 Cannot switch to MS ACCOUNT - Similar Threads - Build 10158 Cannot

2. Cannot switch accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot switch accounts: Hi, I deleted one of my old Microsoft accounts and it is still showing up on my computer. Microsoft family features is spamming me with notifications to sign in so I don't "miss out". I added my new account to Email and Accounts and it is not giving me an option to remove my...
  3. Switching Computer's MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Computer's MS Account: I want to switch my computer's MS account. I use my second account for billing and want to abandon the account that my computer says is the primary administrator. Funny thing is when I login to the account i don't want, it says I'm logged into the account I do want....
  4. local account unable to switch to MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  5. Imported Favorites not in alphabetical order build 10158

in Browsers and Email
    Imported Favorites not in alphabetical order build 10158: I successfully imported my favorites from Chrome into EDGE. However they are in reverse alphabetical order. Is there any way to resort into alphabetical order? I can't find a way. Thanks 7551
  6. Organize Edge favorites in build 10158

in Browsers and Email
    Organize Edge favorites in build 10158: I like this version of edge except I can't figure out how to organize the favorites. When I add a new one it ends up on the bottom of the list and I haven't been able to move entries around in the list. I like the way IE allows me to drag favorites up and down. Edge will...
  7. Build 10158 - Network Connection Hanging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10158 - Network Connection Hanging: Morning! My PC updated yesterday to build 10158. After it completed, I noticed that my Ethernet card seemed to hang randomly. The happened the first time about 15-20 minutes after the install for 10158 completed. I tried to disable the card and re-enable it but it...
  8. Cannot install any builds AFTER 10130/ not 10158 up to 10240

Cannot install any builds AFTER 10130/ not 10158 up to 10240: I've posted this before, but I need to know if anyone know exactly what has changed on builds after 10130, which install and runs completely fine on my AsRock h97m Pro4 board. The bios settings are the same throughout all previous builds on and before 9978 to 10130....
  9. build 10158?

build 10158?: I just read in another thread that there is a build 10158? Is this a official build or just a leaked build? 7563
  10. New build 10158

New build 10158: Busy installing from Windows Update. On fast ring. Anybody else got it yet? 7542