Windows 10: Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

Discus and support Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Oh well another update and there is still no option within Windows Update Advanced options to hide unwanted updates as you could with predecessors of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mel Jones, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Mel Jones Win User

Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

Oh well another update and there is still no option within Windows Update Advanced options to hide unwanted updates as you could with predecessors of the Windows Flagship family of operating systems. I won't understand why they haven't added this feature because I have software to install which I know is not required but it still keeps telling me I need to install it when I know it is not required. There is a Rig hack but that is pointless at this time... There are other people asking the same question as mine why aren't there any options toil hide unwanted updates and software.

Oops forgot the attachment... *Redface

Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates? [​IMG]

I hope they do add this before the final build goes to RTM...

:)

Mel Jones, Jul 2, 2015

2. Build 10162 - Your Microsoft Account Requires Attention To Get Developer Builds

Same here, still stuck in build 10162, do I understand that a full system restore is the only option? Any way to back up current settings so software and user settings are preserved?

DaanLoohuis, Jul 2, 2015
  3. Win 10 Pro insider 10162

I have done this on previous builds but I can not get it to work on build 10162. I have installed the Insider Hub app 5 times according to (See Optional Feature History) but it does not appear in the apps list or desktop. Has the app been blocked in build
    10162 as it seems to generate a lot of Up Votes?

pauljones1, Jul 2, 2015
  4. Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

From what MS has said so far, this is not going to change -- for the life of the Insider program. Furthermore, when RTM does come, with Win10 Home, you will still be forced to automatically install all updates.

Mark Phelps, Jul 2, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 2, 2015
  6. Mel Jones Win User
    Okay that makes sense, Although the Insider Preview I would have thought this would have been available now but they might be keeping it out of Win10 (All Editions) until it is officially released...

Mel Jones, Jul 3, 2015
  7. Wenda Win User
    You can turn auto-updates off using gpedit.msc (and I have), it then works somewhat as normal except you still can't select/reject individual updates. You do, however, get to choose when to download and install them.

Definitely a backward step over the previous arrangement, IMO.

Wenda, Jul 8, 2015
  8. Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

In deed, never saw the option since 10074. If Pro allows us to do it, then Pro is the minimum acceptable.

MikeMecanic, Jul 14, 2015
  9. From what MS has said so far, Pro only allows you to DELAY some updates, and even then, you can not delay them indefinitely.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

1. Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates? - Similar Threads - Build 10162 still

2. Hiding Optional Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hiding Optional Update: Under my optional updates, I have one for a driver that doesn't requireupdates i.e. it won't update even if I ask it too since the driver is alreadyup to date, and I wish to hide it so I don't keep thinking I need to update mydevice. However, I am unsure how to do this since...
  3. Build 10162 and Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10162 and Dark Theme: I added the 32bit DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize SystemUsesLightTheme, set to 0 and rebooted without success. Any ideas what I missed or is this feature no longer works? Thanks 7757
  4. Build 10162 will not update to 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 will not update to 10166: I had the same problem with build 10130 not updating to 10162. I had to upgrade with the preview iso. Running it in Oracle VM VirtualBox What is going on? 8035
  5. Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates: Problem back with 10547. Windows Update trying to install 15 year old driver for printer. Previously hid the update with Wushowhide and it was gone for months. Back again this morning. Reran Wushowhide and it showed the update was hidden but still there after restart. Any...
  6. Taskbar won't auto hide (build 10162)

Taskbar won't auto hide (build 10162): Hi there Any fixes for Auto hide of taskbar -- after a boot it works for a while and then randomly stops working. Cheers jimbo 7730
  7. build 10162

build 10162: Where can I get this build from? I am on the fast ring; and i checked wu; but the update is not there for some reason. So where can i get it from(where its a official release?) 7802
  8. No update to 10240 on build 10162

No update to 10240 on build 10162: Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I checked for updates. No Windows...
  9. Build 10162 download stuck at 0%

Build 10162 download stuck at 0%: Title says it all, have not had issues with any previous builds; anyone else run into this or have a fix? 7760
  10. Windows 10 build 10162 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10162 Released: UPDATE: July 6th 2015 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date We have one more surprise for you this week – Build 10162, releasing to the Fast ring. We’re at the point in the development of Windows 10 where nearly...