Windows 10: Build 10547 - Stereo Mix Present, but No Audio Levels

Discus and support Build 10547 - Stereo Mix Present, but No Audio Levels in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With Stereo Mix enabled in the sound panel, and chosen as default recording device, and drivers confirmed as updated as the system reports, HP Probook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rivergoat, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Build 10547 - Stereo Mix Present, but No Audio Levels

With Stereo Mix enabled in the sound panel, and chosen as default recording device, and drivers confirmed as updated as the system reports, HP Probook 6470b not seeing audio levels on Stereo Mix bus.

I have used this successfully with Adobe Audition in Win7/Pro to record audio from technical support web seminars.

At present while the speakers work fine, there is no audio showing on the level meter in the sound panel for Stereo Mix..

I did find a sort of workaround with Audacity 2.1, using the WASAPI Audio Host, and basically looping the speakers back as an input device. It is recording audio that way, although I am not yet convinced as to highest available quality and stereo separation.

I would like to get the Stereo Mix bus feeding audio as it has in the past. I do recall that with an original install of Win7/Pro the Stereo Mix was not present, and by selecting "show disabled devices" I was then able to see it, and then enable. This is not the case here, as it not only is visible, but enabled as the default recording device. However...no levels present.

Anyone seeing this, and more importantly, any constructive thoughts as to a remedy. Or is this a bug in Win 10?

:)

Rivergoat, Sep 19, 2015
  2. rkmourya Win User

Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

Earlier with the help of stereo mix option it was possible to output the audio to different devices. However the stereo mix option is removed now.

Is there any other way to send audio output to 2 different devices in windows 10?

Or possibly get stereo mix option again

rkmourya, Sep 19, 2015
  3. eshiejamz Win User
    volume problem

Hi manwinder,

This matter is presently under investigation. However, here are some tips that might help you to prevent this thing from happening.

1. Avoid having both mono and stereo songs on playlist.

-In the mixing of stereo and mono mp3 files, there will be a mix of multiple audio streams.

-Whether the audio file is mono or stereo, can be checked by using PC and e.g. VLC player, Mediainfo, etc. program that displays technical information about media files.

2. Avoid adjusting volume right after skipping songs (if you have both mono and stereo tracks on playlist).

The best action for this as of the moment is by rebooting your device if this issue occurs.

Hope this helps.

eshiejamz, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Build 10547 - Stereo Mix Present, but No Audio Levels

1. Build 10547 - Stereo Mix Present, but No Audio Levels - Similar Threads - Build 10547 Stereo

2. Can't record Stereo mix (Desktop Audio)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't record Stereo mix (Desktop Audio): submitted by /u/NotMyBestComment [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9ajq4/cant_record_stereo_mix_desktop_audio/
  3. No Stereo Mix

No Stereo Mix: [ATTACH] I try to use my two HDMI monitors as one audio output.So i read, that you can use the stereo mix to duplicate your output to another device.Big problem is, that there is no stereo mix for me - it's not hidden, updating my audio drivers won't fix and i'm really...
  4. Stereo Mix does not have any audio

Stereo Mix does not have any audio: I want to have audio simultaenously come out of my speakers as my headset. I've done this before, but I built a new PC a while ago and now when I set it up it doesn't seem to work. To clarify, I have my speakers set as my default playback device. I have Stereo Mix enabled,...
  5. Stereo mix not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo mix not picking up audio: When I try using stereo mix for recording or for anything it doesn't seem to pick any audio up. I have stereo mix enabled and set as default device and is still not working, are their any ways to resolve this problem I looked it up but cant find any solutions....
  6. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  7. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  8. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

Stereo mix showing but not showing audio: A potential solution for those who use digital outputs to a separate sound system for your sounds rather than speakers or headphones, and have tried all the normal suggestions when Stereo Mix shows up on the recording tab, but shows no audio, and programs such as Audacity...
  9. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...
  10. Stereo Mix not picking up audio

Stereo Mix not picking up audio: Recently, my Stereo Mix has not been working and I would like to be able to set it up to be my input device for things like Mumble or Teamspeak. It has worked for these things before, however now it does not pick up any audio in my Recording Devices tab. I have tried updating...