Windows 10: build 14393: desktop crashing. have to restart windows explorer

Discus and support build 14393: desktop crashing. have to restart windows explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the subject says it all. the new Windows 10 v3 (clean install, no upgrade) resolved a few issues for me, my only complaints, really (audio buzzing when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by firebasejay, Aug 26, 2016.

1. build 14393: desktop crashing. have to restart windows explorer

the subject says it all. the new Windows 10 v3 (clean install, no upgrade) resolved a few issues for me, my only complaints, really (audio buzzing when WIFI was active, hibernation not working), but my desktop and taskbar keep crashing. i can't click anything. i notice it when watching movies/shows. i do a ctrl-alt-del and bring up task manager (the only way to get to it since the taskbar is inactive) and right click Windows Explorer and hit restart and it solves it, but it's a nuisance. is it my install only, or are others experiencing this problem?

Otherwise, I'm generally pleased with the new release.

:)

firebasejay, Aug 26, 2016
  2. MSTRTW2CE Win User

Edge and applications that uses Edge (such as login to account and calendar app) crashes windows.

Running Windows 10 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Whenever I open Edge, my screen flickers a couple of times and eventually freezes. The only remedy to that is to manually restart my pc.

I cannot even logon to my Microsoft account. Because whenever the popup comes for choosing an account to logon/register with.. It freezes again.. It seems that every function in Windows that uses Edge will crash or freeze my desktop. It seems like it's happening
    since I updated my system to Build 14393.

MSTRTW2CE, Aug 26, 2016
  3. File Explorer Crashes on both of my PC's with Win 10, after updates

Hello,

Windows 10 File Explorer crashes many times a day on both of my PC's after Microsoft Updates.

I am using: Lenovo Win 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

HP Win Home 10 Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

On my Lenovo Desktop, it is very strange as to the crash.

It is a slow motion crash. I know this sounds strange, but that really is what happens.

Let me explain further:

1) When I go to right-click file explorer from the taskbar, to open another file explorer window, the slow motion crash begins.

File explorer opens in another window, then the mouse seems to have resistance, and then the mouse does not respond to my commands and just takes on a life of it's own.

2) The mouse cursor floats all over the desktop in very slow motion, me having no control of it or anything at this point.

This crash can last from 30 seconds to as long as 5-7 minutes.

Now at this point everything functioning on my desktop, stops (or it appears to) and I just have to sit and wait it out.

3) Then the desktop can do one of two things, it either turns what ever color I have checked for the taskbar and stays like that until the crash is over,....or it can turn white while crashing.

4) If the crash turns out to be a quick one, the screen just flashes the color or white and the Taskbar & Desktop goes blank and then reloads the icons that are pinned there and folders on the Desktop and then, that particular crash is over.

5) During the slow motion crash on the Lenovo, I have tried hitting ctrl+alt+delete, to get TaskManager to open.

In the early stages of this File Explorer issue, opening TaskManager would halt the crash. But that only lasted a few days and then the issue of the crash just continuing, started.

As of today TaskManager has no affect at stopping the crash. I can get TaskManager to respond itself, but nothing else will, which really does not help me with this issue.

6) This same issue is also on my HP Desktop PC, after Microsoft updates.

This PC does just the normal File Explorer crash. That being a File Explorer lock up, then a desktop Flash of Taskbar color or white and then the taskbar becomes empty for about 10-30 seconds, then the Taskbar icons start loading on the taskbar itself and
    the folders onto the Desktop.

This has essentially the same outcome as the Lenovo slow motion crash, just quicker and no time to open TaskManager.

7) I have tried to stop File explorer during the slow motion crash with TaskManager and then restart it, but it really is not any more effective then just letting it do it's thing of shutting down and then reloading.

I have run sfc /scannow on both PC's and they said: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I had hoped Microsoft would have come out with a patch for this issue, since it all started back in the later of March or first day or two of April. But still no resolution and both PC's are up to date with Microsoft updates.

Both PC's use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and each day are declared clean.

I am not getting very much productivity with either PC when each time I go to use file explorer, I have a crash.

Can anyone count how many times in a day you use file explorer? It is such an integral of Windows.

This issue happens from the simplest of commands: including just opening file explorer, copying & pasting, moving a file, etc.

I don't think most of us realize how much we depend on file explorer. But when it fails us, we sure realize it then.

I have thought about using a 3rd party substitute for File Explorer, but I really just want a fix for the issue.

I am perplexed as to what direction to go to resolve the problem.

I know others are experiencing this issue also, as it seems a number have posted there file explorer problems also too. They may be caused by something different then my issue, who knows.

I welcome any subject related comments, options, fixes from anyone who knows or has experienced this same problem with Win 10 and found a resolution or even a work-around.

If anything changes or I run across a resolution, I will post it on here to possibly help others.

Thank you so very much, in advance, and the best to all in this helpful forum.

Regards

JEMMMARTIN, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

build 14393: desktop crashing. have to restart windows explorer

1. build 14393: desktop crashing. have to restart windows explorer - Similar Threads - build 14393 desktop

2. Explorer crashes and restarts randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes and restarts randomly: HiMy explorer crashes and restarts randomly every 2-5 minutesIm using win 10 ver 21H1 19043.1706I'v tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,chkdsk /f /r /clear all temp filesscan for virusesClean startupNothing workedAny help please?...
  3. Windows Explorer crash/restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crash/restarting: For a few weeks now I've had issues with windows explorer crashing/restarting every hour, sometimes more. When ever i check event view it always shows. Did a fresh install today to see if it would stopped but it happened again right after I installed Intel Chipset drivers. (...
  4. Windows 10 build 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 14393: I've been trying to update a laptop at work that is currently on build 14393 to the current. It just blue screens and then reverts to a working version. It won't pull WSUS updates until it's current. I've tried all the crap suggested in this article...
  5. Latest Build 14393 No Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Build 14393 No Extensions: With Build 14393, I lost my Extensions. Had Lastpass and Amazon. They showed in the Extensions tab, right side, but weren't operable. I uninstalled them and now when I click on the "Get extensions from store", it open to a blank page. Were working before I upgraded to the...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393: when trying this upgrade I receive, "C++ runtime error; Program C:\windows... BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe". I reply OK and it reverts back to Windows 10 before the upgrade. 65042
  7. Running build 14393

Running build 14393: When will it update to the newer build or has MS stop that? 87256
  8. Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Stuck on build 14393: cannot update: I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also...
  9. disappearing hdd drives. build 14393

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disappearing hdd drives. build 14393: My hdds randomly disappear from os . I have to reboot to gain access. Failing sata ports or build issue? 56939
  10. How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?: If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications? P.S. I already tried it with an iso Windows 10 Pro x64 Pt-Br (14393.0) The option to keep things was not...