Windows 10: Build 1709 stopped HDMI output to TV

Discus and support Build 1709 stopped HDMI output to TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, my partner's laptop recently upgraded itself to build 1709, since then, my TV can't display any content from the laptop. Before the update, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by spanakop, Nov 17, 2017.

1. spanakop Win User

Build 1709 stopped HDMI output to TV

Hi all, my partner's laptop recently upgraded itself to build 1709, since then, my TV can't display any content from the laptop. Before the update, it worked fine, after the update nothing. The TV displays an error message stating that the resolution is not supported and the external device should change it. When I rolled back to the previous build it worked ok again.

I have changed the cable, the laptop recognises that the TV is connected, I have tried another HDMI port on the TV, I have asked Microsoft (first time I have ever needed to do this) for help. They remote connected in and tried the obvious things that I did (resolution changes, looking for any problems in device manager etc), they couldn't find anything wrong.

I've been to Samsung (make of TV) just in case and they have nothing to offer either.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5567 (i5 7200U, 8GB ram), Intel graphics HD 620. All the drivers are up to date.

Any ideas?

:)

spanakop, Nov 17, 2017

2. Fall creators update 1709

The fault is a very badly coloured pixelated picture on HDMI output to a TV monitor. The PC uses NVIDIA GeForce GT630 . I have done all updates I can find.Microsoft on screen wont accept NVIDIAs control panel which NVIDIA says I need to change Output Colour
    Depth to 8bpc. The tv was perfect on tv channels and on HDMI on windows 10 before the update to FCU1709.I have restored back to the previous build 3 times and its perfect but 1709 is the same again on the fourth FCU1709 update ,so I'll have to restore again.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.It takes hours to do the FCU1709.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

goat11-2017, Nov 17, 2017
  3. CD1973 Win User
    Windows 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE (1709) dual monitor dead

I had a similar situation between pc and ps4 and tv setup with a HDMI switch stopped working after the Windows 10 1709 update. I tried updating drivers and checking cables and the hdmi switch but the reality is the last thing I did last was the update.
    I rolled back to the previous build everything works fine again.

CD1973, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Lkeltner Win User

I have the same thing going on with my dad's kabylake nuc to HDMI TV and a customers laptop to HDMI TV. Both have Intel graphics. Tried the same fixes as above, no change.

Lkeltner, Nov 17, 2017
  5. spanakop Win User
    I'm 100% sure this is a problem with build 1709. What I don't know is if it's a broken graphics driver or the build itself that has caused this.

Don't know if Microsoft, Intel or Dell would offer anything other than the standard checks or blame each other for the problem?

spanakop, Nov 18, 2017
  6. Liva Win User
    Must be the driver. Not tested enough before released. I switched from Mac to Win in january after a Mac user for 30 years. Generally i am happy with the system switch but honestly issues like this are exact what my friends who are windows user told me all the time.

I hope there will be an update for the update asap.

7. donaldp Win User
    I agree (see other thread about screen size). I have an ATI Radeon 300 Graphics (no longer supported, and I've only had it 18 months!) and I'm trying to find a resolution OTHER THAN reverting to the previous build... with no success so far. :-(

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  8. Liva Win User

I must file this under "Bad Jokes"
    A brand new 4000 USD Laptop with a 500 USD Nivida GPU and a 1000 USD Philips Monitor is not possible to activate a HDMI port. Awesome!

Liva, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 1709 stopped HDMI output to TV - Similar Threads - Build 1709 stopped

2. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  3. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  4. HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work: I used to plug my Windows 10 laptop into my Sony A80J Google TV via HDMI cable for a long time and everything worked beautifully. But now, a few months later, when I plug my laptop in, I just get a green/red flickering screen of garbage on the TV, which doesn't change. I...
  5. HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work: I used to plug my Windows 10 laptop into my Sony A80J Google TV via HDMI cable for a long time and everything worked beautifully. But now, a few months later, when I plug my laptop in, I just get a green/red flickering screen of garbage on the TV, which doesn't change. I...
  6. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  7. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  8. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  9. HDMI output stopped working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI output stopped working: Hello, I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU. My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware because I tested it on a linux live USB. I tested 3 drivers. One from ASUS (version 20.19.15.4364), one from windows update...
  10. HDMI Output to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...