Windows 10: Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix'

Discus and support Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Nov 9, 2018.

1. dalchina Win User

Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix'

Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News

:)

dalchina, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Saltgrass Win User

KB4093105, precursor for build upgrade to 1803?

The CU we got today seems to fix some of the problems listed in the Pinned problems. But is this CU all we will get this week or just a precursor for the 1803 build upgrade tomorrow, April 24th?

This CU does have a long list of fixes but I suppose will find out the answer tomorrow. I have seen talk about the new build being delayed again. I certainly hope that is not the case.

Saltgrass, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft fixes PowerShell problem caused by Windows 10 Anniversary

Read more: Microsoft fixes PowerShell problem caused by Windows 10 Anniversary update | ZDNet

See also: Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix' - Similar Threads - Build 1803 association

2. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest cumulative update for Windows 10 has a bug that would break the file association feature in the operating system. The File Association bug prevents certain software from handling specific formats by default. For example, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32...
  3. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...
  4. Microsoft confirms audio problems on Windows 10, offers fix

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms audio problems on Windows 10, offers fix: News of audio problems on Windows 10 surfaced online yesterday and Microsoft has today acknowledged the reports. First and foremost, Microsoft’s Windows 10 cumulative update is technically not the cause of the audio problems that you might have faced. It appears that a...
  5. Ms confirms - eventually Office to be subscription only

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Ms confirms - eventually Office to be subscription only: Hi there Ms will now only provide Office /365 when both Office 2019 and Office 2016 expire in 2025. OK that's a long time away -- who knows if Ms won't have been swallowed up by Amazon, Alibaba, Google or whatever by then. !! They readily admit they can make more money from...
  6. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...
  7. Problem associated with update KB4038788

Problem associated with update KB4038788: Hi After update KB4038788 I have experienced problems within Lockheed Martin flight simulator (P3D Version 4). Problems associated with this update has been well documented on various flightsim flora. 1. 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for...
  8. Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?: Am I right in thinking that with the Anniversary method of dealing with Product Key activation, that 1) if the key is associated with my MS account, if I buy a new PC, replacing the old one, then the product key will validate through my account on the new PC? 2) is it OK to...
  9. Building new pc, confirming understanding

in Windows 10 Support
    Building new pc, confirming understanding: Hi, I'm building a new PC (First Time), with the specifications that are listed in my profile page information. I done some reading on your tutorials, and I just want to confirm that I am understanding it correctly. My understanding of it is that, I burn a bootable...
  10. Microsoft fixes PowerShell problem caused by Windows 10 Anniversary

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes PowerShell problem caused by Windows 10 Anniversary: Microsoft's latest Cumulative Update KB3176938 to Windows 10 Anniversary, released August 31, includes a fix awaited by some using PowerShell Microsoft's August 31 Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update includes a fix awaited by some PowerShell users. The...