Windows 10: Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix'

Discus and support Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Nov 9, 2018.

1. dalchina Win User

Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix'

Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803 - gHacks Tech News

:)

dalchina, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Saltgrass Win User

KB4093105, precursor for build upgrade to 1803?

The CU we got today seems to fix some of the problems listed in the Pinned problems. But is this CU all we will get this week or just a precursor for the 1803 build upgrade tomorrow, April 24th?

This CU does have a long list of fixes but I suppose will find out the answer tomorrow. I have seen talk about the new build being delayed again. I certainly hope that is not the case.

Saltgrass, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft fixes PowerShell problem caused by Windows 10 Anniversary

Read more: Microsoft fixes PowerShell problem caused by Windows 10 Anniversary update | ZDNet

See also: Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 1803 association problems? MS confirms, + Powershell 'fix' - Similar Threads - Build 1803 association

2. Powershell and MS Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell and MS Teams: I have an issue where I'm trying to test the deployment of a powershell script via GPO through Windows Server 2012R2 Standard. This script is for the installation of MS Teams which is found here....
  3. Windows build 1803 Enterprise N problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows build 1803 Enterprise N problems: Hello, I've recently noticed severe problems with my computer when moving to the newest possible update build for the Enterprise N version of Windows. Things like having explorer crash, unable to use the keyboard and mouse, chrome losing all functionality, and very random...
  4. About File Associations Re: 1803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About File Associations Re: 1803: So I have seen plenty of what appear to me to be somewhat complicated fixes that I do not quite understand most dealing with the registry https://p0w3rsh3ll.wordpress.com/201...-associations/ so I was wondering if there is anything new out there that is for dummies. Came...
  5. About File Associations Re: 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    About File Associations Re: 1803: So I have seen plenty of what appear to me to be somewhat complicated fixes that I do not quite understand most dealing with the registry https://p0w3rsh3ll.wordpress.com/201...-associations/ so I was wondering if there is anything new out there that is for dummies. Came...
  6. Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem: Hi, I have a home network with 1 pc (win10), 1 PC (XP), new router (with attached storage) and various other non windows devices. The relevant networking connections are all via a (wired) Lan. The behaviour of the PCs is: The router can see all the devices inc both...
  7. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest cumulative update for Windows 10 has a bug that would break the file association feature in the operating system. The File Association bug prevents certain software from handling specific formats by default. For example, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32...
  8. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...
  9. build 1803 Alienware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 1803 Alienware: I have an Alienware R17. After trying to update to 1803, I received an error and that update was not successful. I later became aware that build 1803 is not yet compatible with Alienware R17. In fact, Microsoft have blocked some Alienware units from receiving the update...
  10. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. build 1803 problems sharepoint