Windows 10: Build 1803 still causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network"

Discus and support Build 1803 still causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anybody know for certain if Mr Microsoft has ever gotten around to fixing this annoying error in subsequent revisions and updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanPurdie, Mar 11, 2020.

1. IanPurdie Win User

Build 1803 still causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network"

Does anybody know for certain if Mr Microsoft has ever gotten around to fixing this annoying error in subsequent revisions and updates?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...c00d426a/13fff3b5-c5d5-4de6-bc1b-dd87470ccda0

To copy over the LAN the easy way I have to use my Laptop with build 1703 - it works.

The hard way is to:

a Persevere and it sometimes works properly OR;

b Wait for the "Error Code 0xC00D426A" message then...

Open up C:\Users\ME\AppData\Yadda\Yadda where you will find the very same file without the proper file name, only some number assigned to it by File Explorer...

This is ridiculous and a known fault yet to be fixed by Microsoft, and people wonder why so many of us now refuse updates. Updates which not only doNOT fix prior problems, but introduce whole new ones.

Oh and all my Windows versions over the great many years were "Retail - paid for up front versions for custom built desktops" not OEM.

Regds

Ian C. Purdie - Sydney

:)

IanPurdie, Mar 11, 2020
  2. IanPurdie Win User

Build 1803 again causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network over LAN"

I had previously posted this very same identical problem on May 27, 2018.

Build 1803 causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network %0 over LAN"

I successfully followed that advice - problem solved.

Recently with another update [now to Build 1803] the problem has now reoccurred.

I updated today to the latest 1903 Build 18362.418

Problem still persists - identical replica to the one last May.

God I hate rotten updates - never anything except unwanted problems.

Thanks in advance

Ian

IanPurdie, Mar 11, 2020
  3. IanPurdie Win User
    Build 1803 causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network %0 over LAN"

Long prior experience has taught me to be well prepared - I keep much away from C:\program files, User etc and have it on another physical drive. That saves quite a lot. Also backups on other physical drives as well helps.

Anyhoo with a few tests of copying over the LAN problem has disappeared thanks to your good self. Yes I knew a reinstall was necessary - getting the ISO was the obstacle - I am indebted to you.

I would dearly love to know why some of these File Explorer problems occur, particularly this new

"Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network %0 over LAN"

Best regds

Ian

PS: Problem solved

IanPurdie, Mar 11, 2020
  4. IanPurdie Win User

Build 1803 still causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network"

Windows a few weeks back upgraded my desktop from Build 1709 to Build

1803. There is no Windows.old file now.

After upgrading, I am facing problems in Windows 10 regarding

copying folders [with files] across my LAN from my Video STB.

I have done this successfully for a number of years - until now.

When I now try to copy folder/files from the STB to my external drives

attached to the desktop, the speed fluctuates frequently. In case of

External hard disk, the copy speed reaches the normal 11 MB/s and

instantly drops down to 0 byte/s.

Build 1803 still causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network" b3a2e065-f307-4ce8-8939-2486553032f2?upload=true.jpg

The STB is a 10/100 network owing to the internal controlling IC being

10/100. Past average transfer of folders/file was always around normal 11.3

MB/s.

IanPurdie, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Build 1803 still causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network" - Similar Threads - Build 1803 still

2. A cause of error code 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A cause of error code 0xc0000409: Hi,I have a system which is written Delphi.I and my users have noticed an intermittant exception with this code when printing to the Microsoft Print to PDF printer.It always intermittantly occurs on Printer.BeginDoc; which takes a relatively long time to open the select file...
  3. A cause of error code 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A cause of error code 0xc0000409: Hi,I have a system which is written Delphi.I and my users have noticed an intermittant exception with this code when printing to the Microsoft Print to PDF printer.It always intermittantly occurs on Printer.BeginDoc; which takes a relatively long time to open the select file...
  4. A cause of error code 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Code x800704b3 Network path error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code x800704b3 Network path error: I have windows 11 on my new computer via upgrade. For example, when clicking on my HULU app from my taskbar or start menu, I get the following error code 0x800704b3 "the network path was either typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently...
  6. What is the cause of Network Error Code 0xC00D426A and why hasn't it been fixed after Build...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the cause of Network Error Code 0xC00D426A and why hasn't it been fixed after Build...: Now Windows 10 consistently tries to get me to upgrade the desktop from build 1703 [15063.1418] to build 1909. Finally sick of this pestering I allowed Windows to update my laptop to see if Microsoft have actually fixed the dreaded Network Error Code 0xC00D426A. No they...
  7. File Explorer error: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying... Error code...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer error: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying... Error code...: I am trying to copy a folder that's a few hundred gigs from one hard drive to another. I can't copy them because Windows Explorer gives me an unspecified error. Both hard drives are in perfect health as reported by Crystal Disk and are both internal SATA drives. My system is...
  8. Build 1803 again causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network over LAN"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 1803 again causing copy "Error Code 0xC00D426A: Error reading from the network over LAN": I had previously posted this very same identical problem on May 27, 2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-1803-causing-copy-error-code-0xc00d426a/13fff3b5-c5d5-4de6-bc1b-dd87470ccda0 I successfully followed that advice - problem solved....
  9. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: When I was trying to install a software, this error happened. "A network error occured while attempting to read from the file" [ATTACH] Someone suggested that I have to make sure I am in administrator mode. I checked that I already have the full control. But I still can't...
  10. Bluetooth error after 1803 build update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth error after 1803 build update: Hello, I have to report and ask for help on 1803 build witch messed up Bluetooth drivers on MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan with Windows 10 Home x64. Currently got Unknown Device on localization: on Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1. Code 28 Drivers are not installed. Heres...