Windows 10: Build 1809 update annoyances

Discus and support Build 1809 update annoyances in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices: 1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WRD313, Dec 13, 2018.

1. WRD313 Win User

Build 1809 update annoyances

Just an observation when the update from 1803 to 1809 finally completed on my various devices:

1) Graphic driver on my HP Spectre X360 laptop got replaced - why? I reinstalled the driver from HP which works fine for 1809 just like it worked for 1803 - why would the update install incorrect driver for a modern laptop?

2) My Edge favorites on my Surface Go disappeared for some reason and syncing is not bringing them back. No idea why they disappeared during update and no idea if/when syncing will recover them. It's like MS wants me to go back to Chrome right?

3) I use one admin account and one standard account on same device. With build 1803 and standard account, I could use the PIN for the admin user when prompted for elevated admin credentials. With Build 1809 - it seems to require a password and won't accept PIN (even though Admin user still has a working PIN for signon). Why this backward step?

:)

WRD313, Dec 13, 2018
  2. BarbaricSoul, Dec 13, 2018
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 1809 update release

Hi Tonizio,

Insiders are testing a modified release of Windows 10 1809 feature update and the release will happen in due time. The Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Pro N edition (1809 build) will be available for download once the feature update is pushed.

The new official release of the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Pro 1809 N edition will be listed under
    Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions once released.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 1809 update annoyances - Similar Threads - Build 1809 update

2. Annoying updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Annoying updates: Microsoft, please make it so in Windows 10 it asks before it updates, I sometimes have to quickly go on my computer, I turn it on and it installs an update out of nowhere without my permission, please fix this....
  3. Build 1809 or 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 1809 or 2004: Guys need some help. Is it worth upgrading to build 2004 from 1809? 159855
  4. Windows Crashes While Updating to OS Build 1809

Windows Crashes While Updating to OS Build 1809: Hi, I've recently tried to update my Windows 10 Pro PC to OS Build 1809. It, unfortunately, did not come up onto windows update. I have used the Windows 10 Update Assistant to help me update. It would successfully download and prepare for a restart, but while updating around...
  5. Two annoyances since 1809

Two annoyances since 1809: Hi folks, Looked around a lot and no fixes for either. Both of these started upon install of 1809 update. NOTE: SFC, all of the usual cut and past recommendations do nothing. Others have both issues. Here are my annoyances: Error 1534 User Profile Numerous Events...
  6. BSOD on build 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on build 1809: Hi, I've been getting a BSOD every day after the 1809 update. I get this error when I upgrade from 1803 and also when I perform a clean installation of 1809 using Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft. This BSOD never happens when I use the build 1803. A few...
  7. Cortana crashes in build 1809

in Cortana
    Cortana crashes in build 1809: I am having issues with Cortana in this recent fall update to 1809. Cortana responds when I say "Hey Cortana" and the search box openes and is marking listening, but then closes before I can ask anything. Usually there is a sound generated to acknowledge command but that...
  8. Please Read Before Updating to October 1809 Build !

Please Read Before Updating to October 1809 Build !: For allot of people who have already tried the latest October 1809 Update, While some are successful in getting the update to install they are noticing files missing are deleted! To Help People I'm Posting these Instructions in Hopes that You will not Loss Your Most Valued...
  9. October windows build 1809 update

October windows build 1809 update: Since the update my apps from Microsoft store are not working right they hang or freeze or will not open or will not close unless task manager is used to close them. Also I get notification prompt in the task bar but when I open notification center there are none listed. I...
  10. Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying desktop issue with Build 15007: I like a clean orderly desktop with minimal Icons and no live tiles but this latest build is annoying me! Every restart my desktop icons re arrange them selves. Then comes the start menu with all the live tiles. I keep removing them (un pin from start) and have gone to...