Windows 10: Build 18963 File History Missing files

Discus and support Build 18963 File History Missing files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows Insider Build 18963 and File History is missing files. Thanks, Tony... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DUCKS1951, Aug 20, 2019.

1. DUCKS1951 Win User

Build 18963 File History Missing files

I am running Windows Insider Build 18963 and File History is missing files.

Thanks,

Tony

:)

DUCKS1951, Aug 20, 2019
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. File History on/off status issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you able to access your missing Email files on Web mail?
    2. Which drive was selected to set up your back up on file history?

Probably the files might have been deleted when you perform the cleanup operation.

However, you may try the suggested steps to recover files from file History.

Restore files from File History

You may also refer this

Video link
    for more information regarding restoring files.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 20, 2019
  4. GDEC_343 Win User

File History - Files missing from backup

Thanks for your reply but that article outlines the steps I have already taken.

I have performed a restore from my File History drive and many files are missing.

GDEC_343, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Build 18963 File History Missing files - Similar Threads - Build 18963 File

2. File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  3. File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  4. File History Restore is Missing Many Files!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Restore is Missing Many Files!!!: I am running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 5 2017 in a strictly controlled corporate environment. We've had many problems with these Surface Pro machines dying on us, and so a few months ago, I decided I wanted to protect my many important files from a hardware malfunction....
  5. Back up files missing in File History

Back up files missing in File History: I need to restore all files from my back up drive. I can see them all sitting there, however when I go into File History to restore them, I cannot see them there, only a couple of folders with documents I have been working on in the past couple of days. Is there another...
  6. File History missing files

File History missing files: Summary: My File History seems to be missing files. I have File History on. When I go to Restore Personal Files, I don't see all directories and if I search for a file, not all files are found although some in missing directories do. Details on missing subdirectories:...
  7. Why am I missing files in "File History"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I missing files in "File History"?: I noticed yesterday that my File History said it was running, but "files last copied" was about a month ago. I have done some things in the last month so I thought that was odd. I decided to do the "Run Now" to force it to make file history. It reported that it had run....
  8. missing files in a newer build of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing files in a newer build of windows: I installed watch dogs 2 on windows 10 pro build 1808 and it worked then i reinstalled it on windows 10 pro build 1909 and some files are missing could you help me...
  9. Build 18941 File History

Build 18941 File History: I just ran File History and compared the files. I am missing thousands of songs that are there. If you count on file history and then restore it when you have a problem, you will lose songs. Thanks, Tony...
  10. Some folders are missing in File History

Some folders are missing in File History: I have a strange issue because I can find some folders in Properties but File History panel doesn’t show them. How can I make them visible from the Control Panel?...