Windows 10: build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue

Discus and support build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All Microsoft programs (incl Windows Settings) see my HP 8370 printer. Clicking Print however causes file explorer to open and request the assignment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dishmantex, May 28, 2019.

1. build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue

All Microsoft programs (incl Windows Settings) see my HP 8370 printer. Clicking Print however causes file explorer to open and request the assignment to a prn file.

:)

Dishmantex, May 28, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Wireless Printer Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter and.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the available drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 28, 2019
  3. in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 28, 2019
  4. build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue

Wireless HP Printer

Hi Mark,

Based on the details that you have shared, the connectivity issue might be due to an outdated driver or certain changes made to the wireless printer settings. To help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we'd like to ask for additional information.
    Please answer the following:

• What build and version Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes or installed updates prior to this issue?

For initial troubleshooting, you may refer to this support page article:
    Fix printer problems in Windows 10

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 28, 2019
Thema:

build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue

1. build 1903 installed OK BUT having wireless printer issue - Similar Threads - build 1903 installed

2. Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer: I'm running a new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 Home - The Microsoft set-up instalIed my wireless printers during set up but did not create an icon for me to access the printer functions to make choices. I have wireless access to my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw printer...
  3. Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?: Normally when I need to quickly reset windows I run the iso of the build I have, and after being given a choice, i select keep nothing* *but this actually moves my files to a windows.old folder! Recently I've decided to test out windows insider builds again, and am...
  4. Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue

Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue: Hello, I am new to community and not English native speaker, so bear with me. I have a nice setup at home, printers are connected to Raspberry PI, and have other linux mini PC as driver for them, so I can print from every device in my house. It all worked really well. Up...
  5. Build 1903 re-installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 1903 re-installation: Hello. My machine automatically upgraded to Win 10 Build 1903 but, because of compatibility issues, I had to temporarily roll back to 1809. I'm now ready to update the system again however the Windows Update history says that I've successfully upgraded to 1903 however...
  6. I have windows 10 Build 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have windows 10 Build 1903: Trying to install Sandbox but the entry is not in the Options. I have the latest Windows 10 Build 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-build-1903/57375a72-5a92-4b55-a1b4-42d6408f90df
  7. 1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build: So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions. So I figured I'd just...
  8. Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903: I followed the steps shown here: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition but the installation failed because it said it could not find sandbox.txt on my desktop. This was confusing because the downloaded ZIP file had no file of this name. It did have a file...
  9. Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Sandbox in Build 1903: I followed the steps shown here: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition but the installation failed because it said it could not find sandbox.txt on my desktop. This was confusing because the downloaded ZIP file had no file of this name. It did have a file...
  10. Wireless printer connection issue

Wireless printer connection issue: How do I connect wireless printer to computer directly? Printer does not recognize wifi network, but is capable of connecting to wireless devices (phone, etc) but needs signal from computer to do so. How does Windows enable this?...