Windows 10: Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

Discus and support Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening, i installed Windows 10 Build 1903 on saturday, since then i got a very strange behaviour with my wifi connection. I am connected via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClKa, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ClKa Win User

Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

Good evening,

i installed Windows 10 Build 1903 on saturday, since then i got a very strange behaviour with my wifi connection.

I am connected via Realtek 8812AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC and a 40Mbit-Line. Browsers are working great, i can stream movies, youtube aso.

BUT: Immediately after i start a game (Steam, Epic, GOG Galaxy) the internet connection crashes. Only when i close the game the connection comes back up. I tried with different games - always this strange behaviour.

*) I tried to disable UPnP

*) Tried to change the networks adapter Wireless Mode (b/g/n)

*) Disabled the Power Management Checkbox: Computer can turn off this device for saving power

*) Uninstall driver and uninstall device

*) Refresh driver of the network card

*) Enabled or disabled the game clients cloud sync.

*) Troubleshoot the whole thing in the windows settings.

Nothing worked. Maybe you have some clues or tips for me, what i can try. Maybe it is a little setting which is configured wrong since the update.

I hope i delivered all useful information. Sorry for my english, if something isn't described in a proper grammar Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game :)

Thanks in advance & best regards

:)

2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Drop Wi-Fi connection after I terminate a session.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the Wi-Fi driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps resolving the issue. I suggest you to update the Wi-Fi driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Wi-Fi driver and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

1. Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game - Similar Threads - Build 1903 connection

2. Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection dropping while in game: When playing valorant I can play for about 1-2 hours smooth until after that my internet starts dropping for a few seodnds comes back then goes again then it just goes completely when I check my network adapter during this time period it shows error code 45 I restart it works...
  3. Wi-Fi not connect when starts up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not connect when starts up: Whenever I boot up my device, the internet is not connected even thought it is on. I have to turn off and on again in order to connect to internet. It doesn't take many times to do that but it is really bother me. Thank you!...
  4. Wi-Fi not connect when starts up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not connect when starts up: Whenever I boot up my device, the internet is not connected even thought it is on. I have to turn off and on again in order to connect to internet. It doesn't take many times to do that but it is really bother me. Thank you!...
  5. Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network: Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed. I still have access to Internet but this thing make me a bit uncomfortable. What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you....
  6. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  7. Loss of wi fi connectivity after 1903 install

Loss of wi fi connectivity after 1903 install: After installing version 1903 I've lost all wifi connectivity on an HP-G71 laptop with an intel installed wifi 1000 BGN. MS recognizes problem and says a fix may be in offing. Anyone have luck with a workaround? I've disabled and then enabled network adapter. No help. Will...
  8. Connection Issues Win 10 Build 1903 Wi-Fi to LAN

Connection Issues Win 10 Build 1903 Wi-Fi to LAN: Hello, I hope somebody can help me. I read that lots of problem are coming with the build 1903 for the Broadcom 802.11ac. I'm trying to connect two PC's one, the main with a Realtek PCI LAN connection to the router (TP-Link WR841N) to the secondary PC, Z83II with a Wi-Fi...
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...