Windows 10: Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

Discus and support Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening, i installed Windows 10 Build 1903 on saturday, since then i got a very strange behaviour with my wifi connection. I am connected via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClKa, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ClKa Win User

Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

Good evening,

i installed Windows 10 Build 1903 on saturday, since then i got a very strange behaviour with my wifi connection.

I am connected via Realtek 8812AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC and a 40Mbit-Line. Browsers are working great, i can stream movies, youtube aso.

BUT: Immediately after i start a game (Steam, Epic, GOG Galaxy) the internet connection crashes. Only when i close the game the connection comes back up. I tried with different games - always this strange behaviour.

*) I tried to disable UPnP

*) Tried to change the networks adapter Wireless Mode (b/g/n)

*) Disabled the Power Management Checkbox: Computer can turn off this device for saving power

*) Uninstall driver and uninstall device

*) Refresh driver of the network card

*) Enabled or disabled the game clients cloud sync.

*) Troubleshoot the whole thing in the windows settings.

Nothing worked. Maybe you have some clues or tips for me, what i can try. Maybe it is a little setting which is configured wrong since the update.

I hope i delivered all useful information. Sorry for my english, if something isn't described in a proper grammar Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game :)

Thanks in advance & best regards

:)

2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Drop Wi-Fi connection after I terminate a session.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the Wi-Fi driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps resolving the issue. I suggest you to update the Wi-Fi driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Wi-Fi driver and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game

1. Build 1903: Wi-Fi connection terminates when starting a game - Similar Threads - Build 1903 connection

2. Wi-Fi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connection: Every time I start my computer after not using it for a while, it doesn't automatically connect to my wifi, but instead, it shows a small monitor icon with a cable on the left side and a red X mark on the lower right. As I click the icon it shows "No Connections are...
  3. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  4. Will not connect to Wi-Fi

Will not connect to Wi-Fi: Can anyone please help me? About 1 week ago my HP Pavillion x360 suddenly disconnected from the Wi-fi. The Wi-fi bars were empty with a little red X. I ended up restarting the computer and it reconnected. The next day it did this again and I deleted the Wi-fi driver...
  5. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  6. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  7. No wi fi connection

No wi fi connection: Cannot open wi fi on my sony vaio. Laptop recently updated and now shows wi fi as switched off. Have tried all network connections but cannot find a way to switch wi fi on. Help please 85760
  8. Wi-Fi connection

Wi-Fi connection: Trying to connect my Wi-Fi but under settings for network Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi and airplane more setting do not appear. It starts with data storage. Please help because I cannot connect my other computer to the internet or Wi-Fi after upgrading to windows 10. 20245
  9. No wi-fi connection

No wi-fi connection: This isn't specifically about Win10, but maybe someone can help. This morning when I tried to go online with Wi-Fi on my desktop, it said there was no connection. Something about no IP name. It worked fine last night. The modem is not the problem, it worked fine on my tablet....
  10. Wi-Fi not connecting

Wi-Fi not connecting: Have been having this issue of not getting Wi-Fi connect on login lately... [img] Each time I need to do the following to get connected Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ipconfig /flushdns Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. PS...