Windows 10: Build 1909 acting up ?

Discus and support Build 1909 acting up ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I have a laptop that is 4 years old and stopped having driver updates 2 years ago to roll out the possibility to have drivers updated . So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Build 1909 acting up ?

So I have a laptop that is 4 years old and stopped having driver updates 2 years ago to roll out the possibility to have drivers updated .

So basically ever since the 1909 update and drivers' system tray icons load up became pretty random . so a restart brings them all to load , another restart render them all gone , another restart loads few and discard few .

In task manager they appear loaded in all cases just not showing in system tray .

I have fast startup turned off always so I believe that is not the case .

I have set all system icons to be shown , nothing to be hidden .

Stopping their tasks then reloading them usually does the job .

The affected system tray icons are the touchpad , the wifi tool , the power management tool .

Setting them to compatibility Windows 8.1/7/Vista makes it less frequent but still happening .

This random effect surprisingly happens after resuming from hibernation too .

Any idea why this would happen ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 27, 2019
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Build 1909 acting up ?

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Build 1909 acting up ?

1. Build 1909 acting up ? - Similar Threads - Build 1909 acting

2. KeyboarD acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KeyboarD acting up: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself.Ever since yesterday typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S decreases sounD, etc. Any help...
  3. KeyboarD acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KeyboarD acting up: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself.Ever since yesterday typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S decreases sounD, etc. Any help...
  4. chrome is acting up

in Windows 10 Customization
    chrome is acting up: my google search page looks like this and i cant access my extensions tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-acting-up/da408b41-4aea-4232-9197-8f78bb8e909f
  5. Keyboard is acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard is acting up: I downloaded Splitgate from steam and was playing it, after I played the tutorial, my keyboard was acting up. Whenever I hold W to move forward then stop holding W my player keeps moving. It does this with all of the keys, sure it will stop after a while but it's very...
  6. Bluetooth acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth acting up: Every few hours my Bluetooth connection will act up and my mouse, keyboard, and earbuds are affected. Every time I have to troubleshoot it but it always comes back. Is there perhaps a more permanent fix to it so I don't have to fix it every few minutes or hours? submitted by...
  7. Sound acting up

Sound acting up: My speaker sound is way too loud, even on the lowest volume. Yesterday I was trying to fix the muffled sound in headphones, and I did something that worked. I completely forgot what I did though, but my headphones were working and the speaker was still normal. Today I turned...
  8. Keyboard acting up

Keyboard acting up: I recently had my 4 year old son go type crazy on my keyboard and now when I click the period (.) button it completely stops the use of my letters on the keyboard. It won’t let me type and if I click an internet link it opens it up into a new tab instead of the same tab as...
  9. Keyboard acting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard acting up: My keyboard is not functioning properly. They keys below do the following; I do not know how this happened, it was like this after I updated my computer. E -ce8 R - 7rm1 C - ce V - v. B - b3/stops typing after N - makes it go full screen and then back when pressed...
  10. Mouse is acting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is acting up: Hi all, I have a brand new Nuvision Encite two in one laptop/tablet. Today, the mouse has been clicking stuff when I've not touched it, it tremors over areas that it's idle, it won't click the things I want it to, it'll click its own things & even highlight things on its...