Windows 10: Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

Discus and support Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Funk3, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Funk3 Win User

Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted.

This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue with my user profile/registry by testing on a newly created user profile, as well as attempting to fix it by adding a missing registry key as suggested in this reddit post.

I've also tried simpler steps such as reinstalling my audio drivers and using a headset with a USB soundcard (HyperX Cloud II's) but these were also unhelpful.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ignore this - I created the registry key mentioned in the reddit post above under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, creating the keys in the correct location and restarting my PC fixed the issue.

For anyone else with the same issue just follow the steps in the reddit post given in the OP, i.e. create the following registry key(s) manually:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore

:)

Funk3, Jan 7, 2020

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Volume mixer changes VLC's internal volume level

I have been using VLC to play music videos. I had set the VLC volume from the windows volume mixer to max 100% and used to change volume from inside the application. Then something happened when I was trying to change some video settings of VLC and had
    to 'reset preferences'. After that, somehow, the windows mixer volume level and the VLC's volume level have sort of synced and when I change one of them, the other changes with it. When the volume mixer level for VLC is not maxed, it does not give a proper
    audio output to my speakers and the base is too low. When I change it to max, the VLC application volume goes to max as well and it is too loud. Is there a way to make them unsynchronized again? I have check all the audio settings in VLC and did not find the
    solution so I thought it might be done from the windows audio settings. I know this is a very unusual problem but please help me.

SalmanMehmood6, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer - Similar Threads - Build 1909 remembering

2. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Brand new Windows 11 installation. Everything is up to date. Realtek Audio console is also installed.I'm experiencing the same issue as here:...
  3. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Brand new Windows 11 installation. Everything is up to date. Realtek Audio console is also installed.I'm experiencing the same issue as here:...
  4. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound level for System Sounds. I usually set the 'System Sounds' volume level to 5% because I find them annoying but they reset itself to 100% after a restart or randomly while using the PC. I've seen other reports of this exact same...
  5. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound level for System Sounds. I usually set the 'System Sounds' volume level to 5% because I find them annoying but they reset itself to 100% after a restart or randomly while using the PC. I've seen other reports of this exact same...
  6. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..: Anybody know how to fix this?I have to turn System Sounds down really low about 10% because of the way my system is set up with other volume levels. Otherwise system sounds are really, really, loud. It literally hurts my ears, and rattles my speakers!So, I'll set the System...
  7. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..

Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..: Anybody know how to fix this?I have to turn System Sounds down really low about 10% because of the way my system is set up with other volume levels. Otherwise system sounds are really, really, loud. It literally hurts my ears, and rattles my speakers!So, I'll set the System...
  8. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  9. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  10. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Customization