Windows 10: Build 2004 install wiped system logs

Discus and support Build 2004 install wiped system logs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed build 2004 today. When I went to check my system logs, all the old info from both the System and Application logs had disappeared from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rcharbon, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Build 2004 install wiped system logs

I installed build 2004 today. When I went to check my system logs, all the old info from both the System and Application logs had disappeared from the Computer Management console. Not the end of the world, but disconcerting. Anyone else see this?

submitted by /u/rcharbon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rcharbon, Jun 29, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 29, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Build 2004 install wiped system logs

Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Build 2004 install wiped system logs [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Build 2004 install wiped system logs

1. Build 2004 install wiped system logs - Similar Threads - Build 2004 install

2. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  3. System wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System wiped: My Windows 10 laptop was running fine. Then everything was wiped. All my apps, my data, my preferences, etc. It was like I had just bought the computer. Can anything be restored? Why did this happen--it looks like an update but system says it was last updated 10 days ago....
  4. System wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System wiped: My Windows 10 laptop was running fine. Then everything was wiped. All my apps, my data, my preferences, etc. It was like I had just bought the computer. Can anything be restored? Why did this happen--it looks like an update but system says it was last updated 10 days ago....
  5. System wiped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. SYSTEM IMAGE aka SYSTEM BACKUP - WINDOWS 10 BUILD 2004

SYSTEM IMAGE aka SYSTEM BACKUP - WINDOWS 10 BUILD 2004: Hey guys & Gals For folks on @windows 10 Build 2004, who create system images for backup, if you find yourself in a jam due to SDD volume manager & TRIM, use @powershell with Administrative Rights for the system image creation below...@MSFTMechanics For Network based System...
  7. Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install

Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install: Hello, I was able to download and start the installation for the new 2004 build for Windows 10, but the installation has been failing several times, even after checking with DISM and SFC. I will post my rollback logs soon once this latest attempt is finished. I was getting...
  8. Build 2004

Build 2004: What's going on with build 2004? I have attempts to update a few times only to have me system start going insane after a couple days. I can't use this build. Any idea when they are going to fix it?...
  9. 2004 build

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  10. 2004 build

2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...