Windows 10: Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

Discus and support Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TechrisX, Mar 27, 2022.

1. TechrisX Win User

Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes the preparation, reboots again. Then after installing to around 30%, it attempts to reboot, but after a few seconds the boot animation freezes. I tried waiting for a few hours, but nothing changed. After performing a force shutdown, it tries to complete the update again and fails, resulting in having to perform another fo

:)

TechrisX, Mar 27, 2022

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Game freezes or comp reboots in WoT win 10 pro build 10586

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Game freezes or comp reboots in", is the freezing issue occurring while playing game or in other situations also?
    • Is the issue particular to a game or with all the games?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run System File Checker on the computer and also try to reinstall the game in compatibility mode.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform a System File Checker of the Computer and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Then type ”sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on freezing issue while playing game and computer reboots automatically, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 27, 2022
  4. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

1. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot - Similar Threads - Build 22581 rolls

2. Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot: I have a windows 2008R2 system that completely rolls back on reboot. Deleted files reappear, settings roll back and new installs etc are impossible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2008r2-rolls-back-on-reboot/674ffb65-29ba-4733-bf5e-aec49009462c
  3. Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2008R2 rolls back on reboot: I have a windows 2008R2 system that completely rolls back on reboot. Deleted files reappear, settings roll back and new installs etc are impossible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2008r2-rolls-back-on-reboot/674ffb65-29ba-4733-bf5e-aec49009462c
  4. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  5. Beta Ring Build 22581

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beta Ring Build 22581: Hi,Since the latest beta update has installed.I can longer see or use the start menu or taskbar.Also I can not alt tab between windowsI have the same problem when I boot into safe mode.I have tried a system restore to no avail. kind regards Chris...
  6. Beta Ring Build 22581

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beta Ring Build 22581: Hi,Since the latest beta update has installed.I can longer see or use the start menu or taskbar.Also I can not alt tab between windowsI have the same problem when I boot into safe mode.I have tried a system restore to no avail. kind regards Chris...
  7. No option to roll back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to roll back to previous build: After the last update, my Asus laptop can not connect to wifi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot, it says that it couldn't obtain DNS IP. I have in total 5 laptops here and 2 phones all connected fine on wifi. Anyone know where the roll back to previous build went? I have...
  8. Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.: So, recently (after the November build release) I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update. After which, it seemed, my home network was thrown out of wack. I immediately rolled/reverted/recovered to previous build. But now everything is...
  9. Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build: SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem. -- Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at 10586.589. Immediately after updating, the PC starts to completely lock up within two mins of it booting up. It happens...
  10. Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reboot Loop after Roll-Back: I had been getting a lot of issues including freezing with the anniversary update. After searching online for the problem, I found out I was not the only one who had it. A fix that was recommended was to Roll-Back to a previous build of Windows 10. I have now done so, but I...