Windows 10: Build 9879 after updates -- USB driverpartially broken

Discus and support Build 9879 after updates -- USB driverpartially broken in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there. After applying the latest updates to build 9879 GUEST on VMware workstation (11) the USB driver seems to have gone bonkers. I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 16, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Build 9879 after updates -- USB driverpartially broken

Hi there.

After applying the latest updates to build 9879 GUEST on VMware workstation (11) the USB driver seems to have gone bonkers. I uninstalled and re-installed VMware tools -- but no change.

The VM won't recognize any USB devices not connected to it after boot time (the add/remove device ==connect / disconnect to /from Host) doesn't seem to work any more.

Testing a new release of VMware AND a new OS is probably silly anyway as the error could be anywhere but sometimes you just want to have a go with the latest builds.

I get the impression that the PREVIOUS build seemed to have a lot less problems. I can't get the leaked build 9901 to work either so I can't check whether that problem has been fixed. Other people seem to have got 9901 to work though.

Update : In WKS 11 set the USB settings to USB 2.0 - the default USB 3.0 breaks some things.

USB 3 HDD's still work though at slower speed.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 16, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Dec 16, 2014
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 16, 2014
Thema:

Build 9879 after updates -- USB driverpartially broken

1. Build 9879 after updates -- USB driverpartially broken - Similar Threads - Build 9879 updates

2. Build 9879 after updates - Taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Build 9879 after updates - Taskbar doesn't work: Hi there After applying the latest set of updates to my Windows build 9879 running on VMWARE workstation 10 the Taskbar no longer functions - the taskbar appears but clicking any item results in NOTHING. Desktop Icons work so programs can run -- you just can't launch...
  3. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  4. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  5. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  6. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  7. Tiles not working after 9879 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles not working after 9879 update: All installed software works & using the Start8 Menu, I can access all the usual Window locations, but none of the tiles (with the exception of Internet Explorer) work; with some there's an error message to basically say the the file isn't at the location. All coloured...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  9. Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879: Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879 to address bugs and performance issues Roughly two weeks ago, Microsoft released Windows 10 build 9879 to Windows Insider Program participants. Those of you who were in the fast ring were able to download...
  10. Search (file explorer) broken in 9879

in Windows 10 Support
    Search (file explorer) broken in 9879: Hi there I think the search is broken in file explorer in 9879 Say I'm just looking for all my ISO files -- I used to type in the search argument *.iso or even .iso and it would list all files xxxxxx.iso Now the search returns ANY STRING CONTAINING iso in it such as...