Windows 10: Build My own PC

Discus and support Build My own PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have toyed with the idea of building my own PC for a while now. I think I might actually try it soon. And I got to thinking about Windows. My current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dorian2012, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Build My own PC

I have toyed with the idea of building my own PC for a while now. I think I might actually try it soon. And I got to thinking about Windows. My current PC has Windows 10 Pro. Can I install Windows 10 Pro on the PC I am going to build and use the activation key from this computer? If so where do I find the key?

:)

Dorian2012, Jul 23, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 23, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Build My own PC

BarbaricSoul, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Build My own PC

1. Build My own PC - Similar Threads - Build own

2. How to build own iso.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to build own iso.: I want to remove packages, change settings, etc. Can't use this **** as is, can't hack it without it probably causing magical issues. So. How. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-build-own-iso/f984c5e8-15da-4ab2-9610-1b18f2cf4858
  3. How to build own iso.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to build own iso.: I want to remove packages, change settings, etc. Can't use this **** as is, can't hack it without it probably causing magical issues. So. How. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-build-own-iso/f984c5e8-15da-4ab2-9610-1b18f2cf4858
  4. i want to build my own computer from scratch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i want to build my own computer from scratch: building my own computer from scratch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-build-my-own-computer-from-scratch/aba08b63-151d-4261-9e77-479212c8cca3
  5. Own-build Workstation, "Win-10 Pro for OEM" CD + SSD - can I transfer to new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Own-build Workstation, "Win-10 Pro for OEM" CD + SSD - can I transfer to new motherboard?: This is really a question for someone from Microsoft, not so much the 'community'. Here's my question: Can I move my Windows-10 Pro "For OEM" license that I bought with a new SSD, to a rebuilt system that has a new Motherboard, and by necessity at this point, a new Intel...
  6. OEM Windows for my own personal build

OEM Windows for my own personal build: Hey there, I am just wondering if I can get some clarity regarding buying OEM Windows for use with a system I am building for my own use. The license seems to suggest I have to use the system builder tools to install it, and that it can only be sold to a customer. Is there...
  7. Can I use system builder oem windows 10 on my own build?

Can I use system builder oem windows 10 on my own build?: I am planning on building a computer with all parts in a year. If i get system builder OEM license which is cheaper, is it allowed? i see people saying its allowed on articles and stuff... but microsoft says its not allowed for personal use and only if you sell the pc... I am...
  8. How to build my own play/pause button -- bind an f key to my media player

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to build my own play/pause button -- bind an f key to my media player: If my title is not clear enough what I want to do is: have one of the keys on my keyboard (like f9 or something) play/pause my music when I press it. I would like this to work even if the music player isn't focused (what's the word for that?), even if it is in the background...
  9. I bought windows 10 awhile back when I got a custom PC, Im building my own now so how...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I bought windows 10 awhile back when I got a custom PC, Im building my own now so how...: I bought windows 10 awhile back when I got a custom PC, Im building my own now so how exactly do I get the download and transfer the license? Before I order all my parts I wanna make sure I don't have to buy it again. So how exactly do I get a download file for the new mother...
  10. Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media: As many know, hosting has been a long running issue with PE Rescue Media here... So limiting the available media , also limits the download demand on my free account(s).... What I would really like to see is Users building their own custom PE Media Rescue Disks for...