Windows 10: Build number and update failure

Discus and support Build number and update failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my computer wasnt working properly so i decided to reinstall windows 10. My OS build number shows 19042.631 but in the update section it shows me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VaibhavKumar7, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Build number and update failure

Hi my computer wasnt working properly so i decided to reinstall windows 10. My OS build number shows 19042.631 but in the update section it shows me the cumulative update KB4598242 which is supposed to be for build no 19041.746 if im not wrong. Everytime it shows that the update failed and could not download. So please suggest what can i do. Is there a way to install the other build no OS or can i still install it on this build no.

:)

VaibhavKumar7, Jan 25, 2021

2. Issues with scheduled Night Light in Creators Update

Good day,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing this concern and that's what we are going to figure out. This type of issue normally happens when there's a hardware failure or a software change made on the computer prior to this concern. Before we proceed
    with the troubleshooting steps, we would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you followed the troubleshooting steps suggested by Melchizedek Qui on this thread? If so, may we know the result?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this issue?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, please follow the steps below:
    • Click on the Start button.
    • Type winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A window will display the version of Windows you're using. Please post both version and build number.

Charianne Per, Jan 25, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Build number and update failure

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Build number and update failure

1. Build number and update failure - Similar Threads - Build number update

2. My Build number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Build number: My Build number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-build-number/0416772d-f225-41a2-8d53-c8a0fe242ac5
  3. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2: Hi All. I have some computers with build number 1803, I need to upgrade to build number 20H2. In the company we use SCCM CB with SUP to update the windows 10. Is possible the buil number update to 20H2 from 1803? or I need first update some previous build number before update...
  4. Build update 2004 KB number?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build update 2004 KB number?: Does anyone know it? I am looking in Windows updates and don't see it while it's installing. It just says feature update 2004. Is there even one? Thanks! submitted by /u/gbubrodieman [link] [comments]...
  5. update to build number 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update to build number 1903: i am unable to update to the latest build number as bluetooth driver out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-build-number-1903/30ff5c50-95d6-4f3b-a69b-898282c32f85
  6. Version & Build numbers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version & Build numbers: Quick question: WinVer shows I am running Version 1903 (Build 18362.356); so am I on 19H1? I see sites that show: Windows 10 build 18323 (version 19h1 1903), another shows: Windows 10 build 18317 (19H1). These numbers are just confusing. 142776
  7. Windows 10 all build numbers and update numbers

Windows 10 all build numbers and update numbers: Hello Team, Could anyone provide all the build numbers for Microsoft Windows 10 OS and update numbers Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-all-build-numbers-and-update-numbers/e51d67a4-4745-4269-a1ea-066619f687ab
  8. Logical build numbers.

Logical build numbers.: I have been thinking about the build numbering system. I think that there would be more sense if the numbers meant something. My idea; First 2 numbers are the year, the next 3 divided; 000 to 499 for the first half of the year and 500 to 999 for the second part of the...
  9. Where is build number?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is build number?: [img] [img] [img] I can't find screenshot "can't find". I have This PC properties screenshot "my system". I have in settings screenshot "my settings". I've been thru all icons and still can't find screenshot "can't find". Don Cole 92385
  10. Full build number

in Windows 10 Support
    Full build number: Is there a command or power shell script to show the full version and build number. I am trying to find the following for example on remote pc's Build 14393.351 Thanks 68432