Windows 10: Build upgrade fails due "Invalid data access trap"

Discus and support Build upgrade fails due "Invalid data access trap" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All upgrade attemps to build 22463 fail at same point, at 8% after online phase has ended and computer restarts first time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DoironWin, May 23, 2022.

1. DoironWin Win User

Build upgrade fails due "Invalid data access trap"

All upgrade attemps to build 22463 fail at same point, at 8% after online phase has ended and computer restarts first time.

:)

DoironWin, May 23, 2022

2. MCHBAR read access failed

Hi everyone,

Trying to install TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.3.8 but i keep getting...MCHBAR read access failed, any suggestions???

dondre1992, May 23, 2022
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 23, 2022
  4. Starfola Win User

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Build upgrade fails due "Invalid data access trap" - Similar Threads - Build upgrade fails

2. Failure of Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10 INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure of Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10 INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP: Hi,I'm trying to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The "Windows Update" menu tells me that my computer is compatible with Windows 11. It also downloads the update to Windows 11 automatically and asks me if I want to upgrade.However, during the upgrade process, I get an...
  3. Get INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP: I get an error message 89% into the upgrade to WINDOWS 11 22H2. I receive an error message of " INVALID DATA ACESS TRAP" when causes the upgrade to failand revert back to WINDOWS 10.0.22000 BUILD 22000 which is installed on my laptop. I have tried numerous times to download...
  4. Get INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP: I get an error message 89% into the upgrade to WINDOWS 11 22H2. I receive an error message of " INVALID DATA ACESS TRAP" when causes the upgrade to failand revert back to WINDOWS 10.0.22000 BUILD 22000 which is installed on my laptop. I have tried numerous times to download...
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10 Keeps failing with BSOD invalid-data-access-trap error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10 Keeps failing with BSOD invalid-data-access-trap error: Hello,I have attempted to upgrade my wife's computer to Windows 11 from Windows 10 numerous times with the same BSOD failure message of "invalid-data-access-trap". The installation then rolls back to Windows 10. Her computer is German Windows 10 64bit and meets all Windows 11...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10 Keeps failing with BSOD invalid-data-access-trap error

Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10 Keeps failing with BSOD invalid-data-access-trap error: Hello,I have attempted to upgrade my wife's computer to Windows 11 from Windows 10 numerous times with the same BSOD failure message of "invalid-data-access-trap". The installation then rolls back to Windows 10. Her computer is German Windows 10 64bit and meets all Windows 11...
  7. Build upgrade fails due "Invalid data access trap"

Build upgrade fails due "Invalid data access trap": All upgrade attemps to build 22463 fail at same point, at 8% after online phase has ended and computer restarts first time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-upgrade-fails-due-invalid-data-access-trap/04492502-2058-42c0-beca-d27ef2505c36
  8. Fix INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP error on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are complaining about an issue, where, when trying to update Windows 11, or after upgrading to Windows 11, they are seeing INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP error. Because of this, they are forced to roll back to Windows 10. In this article, we are going to...
  9. invalid data access trap windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invalid data access trap windows 11: Hello, I just updated my PC to windows 11. When I copy and cut on the C drive, my computer gets a blue screen error: invalid data access trap windows 11. Please helps me.:...
  10. invalid data access trap windows 11

invalid data access trap windows 11: Hello, I just updated my PC to windows 11. When I copy and cut on the C drive, my computer gets a blue screen error: invalid data access trap windows 11. Please helps me.:...