Windows 10: Building a New Gaming PC

Discus and support Building a New Gaming PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC. I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive off of my Mac and believe I followed all setup correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LDPlatt, May 5, 2020.

1. LDPlatt Win User

Building a New Gaming PC

Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC.

I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive off of my Mac and believe I followed all setup correctly.

But keep getting a "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device"

I have tried to follow all different types of troubleshooting and can't seem to figure it out. Would apprecaite anyways help.

:)

LDPlatt, May 5, 2020
  2. Jacko28er Win User

New Gaming Build

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my PC as it's getting fairly old now and showing its age. Would you be able to provide me with some feedback on the below build.

I'm using a 1.5k budget.

Cheap Laptops, Tablet PC, and Cheap LED TVs | Ebuyer.com

The GPU isn't listed, but I will be using a GTX 970 and I also have a Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB mainly for my OS. (SSD was added recently to my current rig).

All feedback / suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,

Jacko28er, May 5, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, May 5, 2020
  4. Building a New Gaming PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Building a New Gaming PC

1. Building a New Gaming PC - Similar Threads - Building Gaming

2. Every Game constantly crashing on W11, new PC build, minidump files available for review

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Game constantly crashing on W11, new PC build, minidump files available for review: Hi,I am having nothing but frustrating issues with my PC crashing during various games. It is newly built and has crashed with 5 tested games so far.I have minidump files, how can they be reviewed for any possible answers to my problem?...
  3. Every Game constantly crashing on W11, new PC build, minidump files available for review

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Game constantly crashing on W11, new PC build, minidump files available for review: Hi,I am having nothing but frustrating issues with my PC crashing during various games. It is newly built and has crashed with 5 tested games so far.I have minidump files, how can they be reviewed for any possible answers to my problem?...
  4. I need help with some of my games after updating into a new windows insider dev build

I need help with some of my games after updating into a new windows insider dev build: so before i actually updated to windows 26052.1000 dev built Roblox and other games where running just fine...But after the update they just run as a background process and then closing themselfs doing absolutly nothing but take my system resources for a minute...Can someone...
  5. I need help with some of my games after updating into a new windows insider dev build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with some of my games after updating into a new windows insider dev build: so before i actually updated to windows 26052.1000 dev built Roblox and other games where running just fine...But after the update they just run as a background process and then closing themselfs doing absolutly nothing but take my system resources for a minute...Can someone...
  6. Hi I just got my new build, buy sometimes it crashes in games when I check event viewer it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I just got my new build, buy sometimes it crashes in games when I check event viewer it...: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FXukcV_V96XkSACscZapBt0cHSPoZFYC/view?usp=drivesdkMini dump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-just-got-my-new-build-buy-sometimes-it/b6e3930e-f9a4-4b2a-a94e-c8701ab9c9f5
  7. Hi I just got my new build, buy sometimes it crashes in games when I check event viewer it...

Hi I just got my new build, buy sometimes it crashes in games when I check event viewer it...: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FXukcV_V96XkSACscZapBt0cHSPoZFYC/view?usp=drivesdkMini dump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-just-got-my-new-build-buy-sometimes-it/b6e3930e-f9a4-4b2a-a94e-c8701ab9c9f5
  8. Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build: Hi, Currently having problems with just about any game I play.I've done a clean install twice and it seems to not fix the problem.I have attached the files from one drive. hopefully ya'll can help me out, DumpfilesThanks alot,Joren...
  9. Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build

Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build: Hi, Currently having problems with just about any game I play.I've done a clean install twice and it seems to not fix the problem.I have attached the files from one drive. hopefully ya'll can help me out, DumpfilesThanks alot,Joren...
  10. I build gaming pc it keeps crashing BSOD with different different stopcode like System...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I build gaming pc it keeps crashing BSOD with different different stopcode like System...: My system-AMD ryzen 9 7900xGigabyte B650M gaming X AXAdata XPG caster 16gb 32gbPny 3080 12gbGigabyte aorus water x 360Cooler master td500 850 watt gold deepcool psuThings checked Windows 10/11 both Driver updated latestRAM emp off on checkMotherboard bios updated to latest...