Windows 10: Building a new pc need to know how I'm going to reactivate windows 10 on the new ssd

Discus and support Building a new pc need to know how I'm going to reactivate windows 10 on the new ssd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I believe that my current hdd has corrupt files, as when I try to reset my pc, I get a message saying not all of my personal files were removed. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ConveyedBog8884, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Building a new pc need to know how I'm going to reactivate windows 10 on the new ssd

I believe that my current hdd has corrupt files, as when I try to reset my pc, I get a message saying not all of my personal files were removed. I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it, but I've already reset my computer and I'm too lazy to do it again, and just in case I mess it up even more, I thought it best to just use my new ssd and activate via digital license. I do not know how digital license works though, it says that it is linked to my account so I think that's a good sign, but I'm unsure if when I'm setting up windows it will ask me to sign in via my microsoft account or product key. I do not know the product key, so I think signing in with my microsoft account will be easier.

:)

ConveyedBog8884, Apr 9, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 9, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 9, 2021
  4. KyleAuga Win User

Building a new pc need to know how I'm going to reactivate windows 10 on the new ssd

Moving SSDs to New PC Build Windows 10

I have two SSDs, one of which holds my windows 10 OS. I bought all new parts (except GPU) so I am moving my SSDs and GPU into the new case with new mobo, ram, cpu, etc. Someone on these forums mentioned around March of 2016 that Windows 10 is much more
    adaptive than previous windows when moving to a new PC and that I can virtually plug and play the SSD into the new build and just reactive and do some clean up for the drivers. Will I really just be able to plug the SSD into the new PC? I completely expect
    to uninstall as many drivers as possible before I shift it all and also anticipate having to update or fix some bugs, re-enter the activation code, etc. But, for the most part, I can get it going again just by plugging it in? Would love if windows has gotten
    to a level that we can easily do this!

Thank you for your reply and time!

KyleAuga, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Building a new pc need to know how I'm going to reactivate windows 10 on the new ssd

1. Building a new pc need to know how I'm going to reactivate windows 10 on the new ssd - Similar Threads - Building need I'm

2. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build: I recently bought a brand new PC, and thought it would be good to add my old SSD to it. When the system booted up for the first time, it somehow reverted back to the old windows files were exactly where they were etc, with windows still in the old drive.I would like to ask a...
  3. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build: I recently bought a brand new PC, and thought it would be good to add my old SSD to it. When the system booted up for the first time, it somehow reverted back to the old windows files were exactly where they were etc, with windows still in the old drive.I would like to ask a...
  4. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New Pc, Reactivate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Pc, Reactivate Windows: I just built a new pc for the first time today. It needs to activate windows, following the rabbit hole I guess I need to find my license key again. I had Win 7 on first pc, we bought an SSD a few months ago, I bought win 10 from the online store. We put the SSD in my new...
  6. Windows 10 Reactivation On New PC

Windows 10 Reactivation On New PC: Under activation on Win 10 it's shown " Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account ". My question is: If i sell this pc and Buy a new one can i use the same product key on it ? What is the proper process ?...
  7. I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.

I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.: The SSD I'm using now is a 500G and it's getting full, so I have a 1 terabyte* on the way. The 500G is set up as SATA. Nothing is wrong, it's just too small so I'll probably use it as data. I plan to set the new one up as SATA also, but do I call it "C new" for now or name...
  8. Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.

Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.: Okay, so a few weeks ago I used the help of this forum to find out my product type, I have a retail license which should have been digitally licenses to my account. After signing in, it's saying: Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code:...
  9. New Motherboard need to reactivate windows

New Motherboard need to reactivate windows: I upgraded my computer a few months ago and its been slow and unable to properly update since. It is my understanding that I need to buy a new windows license for $140. Is there a less expensive way to go this? Or a discount of some kind? I was thinking it would be like...
  10. New pc build ssd and hdd

New pc build ssd and hdd: Hello, I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else. What is the best way to go about this? And how do I make the hdd the default for downloads, storage, etc. This will be a clean, new...