Windows 10: Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new...

Discus and support Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I’m building a new rig (every 5 years) and have a question regarding compatibility. Currently; I have the video card which is the, “MSI GeForce GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jimmy328, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Jimmy328 Win User

Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new...

I’m building a new rig (every 5 years) and have a question regarding compatibility.
    Currently; I have the video card which is the,
    “MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI”.
    I have not yet used it because the PCI Express 3.0 x 16 slot of my MB has failed. Therefore, I am building a new rig with an Intel Core i-9 proc and an LGA 1200 MB. There are many choices of motherboards that include PCI Express 4.0 x 16 slots or PCI Express 3.0 x 16 slots or a combination of each. I...

Read more

Jimmy328, Feb 11, 2022

2. Windows 10 Compatibility / Drivers for Anker PCI Express USB 3 card

Is there a driver or compatibility issue with Windows 10 when adding in the Anker PCI Express USB 3 card? Where do I find a compatible driver?

NealMcFeeters, Feb 11, 2022
  3. milford Win User
    Looking for Windows 10 Video Card

I have an ATI Radeon 4870 that used to work in Windows 8.1. Drivers, Catalyst, everything. With Windows 10 upgrade. Nada. I'm running off the Microsoft drivers.

So, can anyone suggest a new video card?
    Windows 10 compatible.
    2Gb memory
    PCI -express 2.0 X 16
    Nvidia Please
    24" Dell monitor Resolution 1920 X 1200

Not a gamer. More internet browsing for news, coupons for the wife, recipes.
    Plants vs Zombies is my speed.

milford, Feb 11, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new...

PCI-SIG announces new PCI Express 5.0 specification

Read more:

Brink, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new... - Similar Threads - Building rig Question

2. New Video Card Temp Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Video Card Temp Question: Hi All Purchased a NEW 1660 Super, EVGA 1660 Super SC Ultra Gaming card for my Asus G11CD-K Desktop machine, due to this being OEM case, i have to work with what i got for now, Temps so far while benchmarking max i got after 10 minutes was 78C, Max during gaming so far only...
  3. new pci sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new pci sound card: When I try to install the drivers for a new sound card, the system says it cannot find the card. It does not show up in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pci-sound-card/f1e6c6ea-aa02-4f8f-be98-25c23cbdd50c
  4. PCI-SIG announces new PCI Express 5.0 specification

in Windows 10 News
    PCI-SIG announces new PCI Express 5.0 specification: PCI-SIG® today announced the release of PCI Express® (PCIe®) 5.0 specification, reaching 32GT/s transfer rates, while maintaining low power and backwards compatibility with previous technology generations. “New data-intensive applications are driving demand for unprecedented...
  5. PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards

PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards: I have tried using two different models of these cards, and both were hopeless. Red screens of death were common, even before getting into Windows. They both used a Marvell chipset. Maybe that was the problem. Even booting with with rescue media produced RSODs. Has anyone...
  6. USB 3 PCI Express Board

USB 3 PCI Express Board: I fitted a USB 3 PCI Express Board and kept getting a code 43 tried every thing and finally returned it, and the supplier sent me a second PCI board which doesn't give a code 43 and when I check it out on Device Manager it says that iI have the most up to date drivers and the...
  7. PCI Express card stops working

PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...
  8. No audio with PCI Express X-Fi Titanium

No audio with PCI Express X-Fi Titanium: Build 10122 In previous builds, I always had audio from my PCI Express X-Fi Titanium sound card but after upgrading from 10074, I have no audio. I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I verified that if I switch over to my HDTV that there is audio. I download the drivers...
  9. No audio: Sound Blaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Build 14393.447?

No audio: Sound Blaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Build 14393.447?: My Creative Sound Blaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium worked just fine with Win 10 (64-bit) prior to the so-called "Anniversary Update" Any solutions would be appreciated. 69708
  10. New Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Video Card: I have been thinking of getting an EVGA 1080 FTW video card. I currently have an Radeon R9 290 card. Would upgrading make that much difference in games like Farcry 4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1 etc? My system stats are up to date. 77763