Windows 10: Building MUI

Discus and support Building MUI in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am working on a desktop console application that requires the use of non-English characters Hebrew. I have come to understand that building a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianGrasso, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Building MUI

I am working on a desktop console application that requires the use of non-English characters Hebrew.

I have come to understand that building a Multi-Language User Interface is required to handle the output. When I attempted to follow the instruction for building a MUI from the Microsoft Docs references Adding Multilingual User Interface Support to an Application - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs I encountered a number of issues. Primarily, upon building the script provided, I got these errors: E1696, E0065, and C1083 stdafx.h: No such file or directory. I thought I was running the required environment having upgraded to Professional and downloaded\enabled all the proper packages .NET 5 & Windows 10 SDK. I tried to install the Windows 7 SDK, but couldn't include the Visual C++ pack because I do not have RTM .NET Framework 4 installed. When I attempted to run the setup for any of the .NET 4 versions, I get this message: "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. <A HREF="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164207">More information</A>."

I tried to run the Windows 7 SDK without the .NET 4 components, and ran into an issue with the ConfigDetails.htm. When I attempted to go to the link provided http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130245, nothing. As with the included link above and another at 187668.

The Point: what am I doing wrong, should I go about this in a different way, or what? I tried assigning the dword ptr to the register with the corrected value [example: 0 בA43DM => 0בA43DM ], but received an error that the character couldn't be handled. I've tried about every way to pass a value in Hebrew, but building the MUI is what I am trying now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

BrianGrasso, Feb 8, 2021

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Feb 8, 2021
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Building MUI

MUI type files not workin in windoes 10

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to open the MUI type files?
    • Did you try installing language pack and check?
    Provide us more information about the issue to assist you.

Ravinath P, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Building MUI

1. Building MUI - Similar Threads - Building MUI

2. Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio: Hi,I'm having an issue when build an app using visual studio run msbuild from cmd produce this issue as well. Smart app control blocks msbuild.exe telling me that it doesn't respect security policy of Smart app control.I've tried do build my app in another machinea new...
  3. Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio: Hi,I'm having an issue when build an app using visual studio run msbuild from cmd produce this issue as well. Smart app control blocks msbuild.exe telling me that it doesn't respect security policy of Smart app control.I've tried do build my app in another machinea new...
  4. April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!: Please Read Entire Post For Complete Information On Cumulative Update KB5036980 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-23-2024kb5036980-os-builds-226213527-and/30870393-11e7-4571-9363-57e8ca33f020
  5. April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!

April 23, 2024—KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 Preview Is NOW Available!: Please Read Entire Post For Complete Information On Cumulative Update KB5036980 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-23-2024kb5036980-os-builds-226213527-and/30870393-11e7-4571-9363-57e8ca33f020
  6. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  7. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  8. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...: >>> [Device Install UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices - Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample] >>> Section start 2024/03/22 14:18:35.193 cmd: C:\\tools\\devcon install ComponentizedAudioSample.inf Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample ndv: INF path:...
  9. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...: >>> [Device Install UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices - Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample] >>> Section start 2024/03/22 14:18:35.193 cmd: C:\\tools\\devcon install ComponentizedAudioSample.inf Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample ndv: INF path:...
  10. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware