Windows 10: building new computer, looking to transfer w10.

Discus and support building new computer, looking to transfer w10. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I currently have a pc with windows 10 running. I am looking to do a complete new build and am looking if there is a way to transfer my windows 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianFoley3, Apr 17, 2020.

1. building new computer, looking to transfer w10.

I currently have a pc with windows 10 running. I am looking to do a complete new build and am looking if there is a way to transfer my windows 10 to this new computer. I have a windows 10 installation media created but cant find a product key to activate the license on new computer.

:)

BrianFoley3, Apr 17, 2020

2. transfer my retail digital license to a new machine void of any OS

Results:

I was not able to transfer my digital license W10 Pro to a new computer using the media tool.

I was able to upgrade my OEM W10 Home to the Pro version on the same computer without problems though. On my new laptop, I had to purchase a retail version of W10.

RobertArnow, Apr 17, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Apr 17, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

building new computer, looking to transfer w10.

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

building new computer, looking to transfer w10.

1. building new computer, looking to transfer w10. - Similar Threads - building computer looking

2. Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?: I'm getting a new computer. Can I de-activate my Windows 10 Pro license on my current PC, then activate on my new PC, or do I have to buy a second copy? Thanks. 182551
  3. Move W10 to new build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move W10 to new build.: I just completed my first pc build, thanks with the W10 transfer. I did Great! I want to build another for my wife. she has a laptop that originally was W8 which I free upgraded to 10. Can I install W10 on the new build and use her activation key to activate her Windows...
  4. Transfering to new computer

Transfering to new computer: I am trying to transfer files from old windows 10 pc to new windows 10 computer. I am using a portable drive. When I start the copy to the new computer, I get an error message. It says there is not enough space on the portable drive. It says I need an additional 48,7 GB to...
  5. Digital license transfer to a new computer build

Digital license transfer to a new computer build: How do I transfer my Win 10 Pro digital license to new a new computer I built? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-transfer-to-a-new-computer-build/06c94337-f323-46bb-affb-6c12e6caf9cc
  6. windows 10 transfer to new build

windows 10 transfer to new build: I have a 10 year old computer that I built with a OEM Builders Pack version of Win Pro 7 64 bit. This was subsequently upgraded to Win 10 by Microsoft. It's time for a new build. Is the Win 10 version transferable to the new build?...
  7. Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.

Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.: Okay, so a few weeks ago I used the help of this forum to find out my product type, I have a retail license which should have been digitally licenses to my account. After signing in, it's saying: Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code:...
  8. clarification on transferring everything to new desktop computer W10

clarification on transferring everything to new desktop computer W10: I know for you real computer people out there what I am trying to do is wrong, but…could you still please help in giving me some clarification. Situation: I have a new i7 8700K Desktop computer with 480 GB Kingston A400 SSD and pre-installed W10 Pro (and 200 GB HDD) I need...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 from current to new build computer

Transfer Windows 10 from current to new build computer: I am contemplating of building a new computer. What is the best way to transfer my current Windows 10 operating system to the new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-from-current-to-new-build/8224f7e5-1acf-41db-942e-fa11be146f87
  10. W10 new build low resolution.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 new build low resolution.: Got a new build PC with W10, screen resolution too low despite set to 1080p. My previous Windows 7 machine displays fine on same monitor. Tried all available settings options in W10 and Nvidia panel, also checked monitor display settings and another HDMI cable. Managed to get...