Windows 10: Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Discus and support Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums. Basically I am building... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LDP78, May 28, 2019.

1. LDP78 Win User

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums.

Basically I am building a new rig and I want to transfer my product key from my old pc to my new pc. I have done back in the day the free upgrade to Win10 from my Win7 (retail) (I cannot find the product activation key anywhere).

So the question is ..

Am I allowed to use my old license to my new build pc (obviously my old PC will be scrapped and not used) and if yes then how is it possible.

I have spend quite some time now googling but all I find is that I don't need an activation key rather than a product id which is linked to my account.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot in advace!!

:)

LDP78, May 28, 2019

2. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, May 28, 2019
  3. NayAung Win User
    Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, May 28, 2019
  4. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

New build PC w/SSD and new HD + new Win10 Retail usb + old HD with Win10 oem

I was informed that I can not use my current copy of Win10 on my new build because it's OEM. Soooo, I bought ANOTHER copy of Win10 Retail on usb from the Microsoft Store.

Now my question:

I'll install the new copy of Win10 onto my new computer's SSD and will be set to boot from it. All my pics, files, music, etc is on my old HD (along with Win10 oem). Since I'll be booting from the SSD with the new copy of Win10, will it cause problems if
    I simply add the old HD to my new build, to access all my files? Or do I need to painstakingly transfer everything from it to the new HD through a usb?

I won't be able to run both computers at the same time because I'll be using the power supply from the old one.

Any suggestions?

MichaelDeJarnette, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

1. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc - Similar Threads - Building transfer win10

2. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  3. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  4. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  6. New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC: I will be receiving a new PC with W10 home already installed. I have an old PC with W11 Pro upgraded from W10 Pro. 1. I would like to transfer my W11 Pro license to the new pc. 2. I also would like it if my old PC can use W11 Home instead, after transferring W11 pro.2nd part...
  7. New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC: I will be receiving a new PC with W10 home already installed. I have an old PC with W11 Pro upgraded from W10 Pro. 1. I would like to transfer my W11 Pro license to the new pc. 2. I also would like it if my old PC can use W11 Home instead, after transferring W11 pro.2nd part...
  8. file transfer from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer from old pc to new pc: how do I transfer files and photos from old computer to new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/f7bda902-fac7-458f-a55d-ad9f464f3c80
  9. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???: Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem...
  10. Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC: I have an older PC in which the motherboard is dying. I bought a newer PC and since the HDD is still good on old PC I wanted to install the HDD to the new PC as a 2nd drive. That way i can keep the files and have more room. My question is to make room on old HDD can I delete...