Windows 10: Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound

Discus and support Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated my system yesterday to build 2004. I found three things that resulted. 1st was system became very sluggish 2nd My system no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nomad247, Jun 26, 2020.

1. nomad247 Win User

Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound

I updated my system yesterday to build 2004. I found three things that resulted.

1st was system became very sluggish

2nd My system no longer recognized the HDMI sound from my Samsung monitor. Could not fix this at all.

3rd, there was no longer any system restore points.

This last "feature" SHOULD NEVER REMOVE RESTORE POINTS, EVER, when installing a major change or new build. Since these builds often blow up a system, removing the restore points is avery BAD IDEA. I was able to go into advanced repair and remove the features and basically the build. From now on, I will research a new build before allowing any further updates.Microsoft, NEVER REMOVE RESTORE POINTS when issuing a new build.. Never, ever remove restores points as boo-boos are far too often.

Thanks in advance and I love windows 10.

nomad247

:)

nomad247, Jun 26, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound :p

cadaveca, Jun 26, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound

Anyone else have no sound after installing Windows 10 build 10240?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you get sound with basic windows drivers?

I suggest you try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Sound video and Gaming , Select the Audio adapter, right click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound

1. Builds 2004 on 10 Pro eliminated all sound - Similar Threads - Builds 2004 Pro

2. No Sound At All in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound At All in Windows 10 Pro: Sound is absent on my Beelink U57 mini-pc running Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 Troubleshooting function did not fix the problem. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks....
  3. Windows 10 Build 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 2004: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.423 almost all programs crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.423 almost all programs crash: I'm at a loss. Friends computer, by the way. Chrome doesn't crash, at least it hasn't yet. But....most other things do. What is found to be not working: -Steam: steam itself won't always load library. Just sit on a blank page. Some steam games won't open, or will open and...
  5. Windows 10 Build 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004: every time i try to install the update i get the error 0xc19001e2... how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-build-2004/06515840-3515-4907-8b36-56ccef64b022
  6. Build 2004

Build 2004: What's going on with build 2004? I have attempts to update a few times only to have me system start going insane after a couple days. I can't use this build. Any idea when they are going to fix it?...
  7. 2004 build

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  8. eliminate password in ver. 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    eliminate password in ver. 2004: NETPLWIZ.EXE doesn't work in ver. 2004 to eliminate password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-password-in-ver-2004/afd6bc95-ec0a-4586-a7af-31026c29807d
  9. 2004 build

2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  10. Tiles; Eliminating ALL ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiles; Eliminating ALL ?: Hello, Regarding all those Tiles with the dumb ads that keeps appearing: Is there any way to eliminate and prevent ALL Tiles from ever appearing ? Thanks, as always, Bob 130251