Windows 10: Built in Camera disabled with broken switch

Discus and support Built in Camera disabled with broken switch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is a GE60 2PL apache 2014. My keyboard broke a few months ago, i have no idea why, but all the keys were either not assigned to the right key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabrielBloch, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Built in Camera disabled with broken switch

My laptop is a GE60 2PL apache 2014. My keyboard broke a few months ago, i have no idea why, but all the keys were either not assigned to the right key or just don't work. I dont think its a driver issue because it happened slowly over a few days, i dont really care about fixing the keyboard, just the camera. The camera has a key Fn+F6 to disable it, im not able to reenable the camera since the keyboard doesnt work.

:)

GabrielBloch, Jan 4, 2021

2. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Jan 4, 2021
  3. My built in camera doens't be recognized by windows 10 camera app

Hi Paulo,

Allow us to verify some information to isolate this issue. We would like to ask a few questions.

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to use the camera with the Camera app?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers of your built-in camera?
    • Do you have any antivirus installed in your computer?

To help us address this problem, we suggest that you check out the resolution or troubleshooting steps provided on this

link

Let us know of the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 4, 2021
  4. ki0g Win User

Built in Camera disabled with broken switch

I am trying to use a USB2.0 PV Camera instead of the built in laptop camera. right click on camera in Control Panel does not allow a "default". Camera works in Skype but not in Win10 camera ap

Build 171134.228

control panel does NOT allow a defaut to be set, it just lists the two cameras, right click on either does nothing.

I have disabled the built in camera and that gives the same black screen in Camera as switching camers when both are enabled.

ki0g, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Built in Camera disabled with broken switch

1. Built in Camera disabled with broken switch - Similar Threads - Built Camera disabled

2. How to disable mirroring on built in camera app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable mirroring on built in camera app?: I'm a college student taking American Sign Language. My professor specifically requests that the mirroring function of the camera is disabled because handedness and the orientation of how she views my signing is important. How do I disable the mirror function of the built in...
  3. How to disable mirroring on built in camera app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable mirroring on built in camera app?: I'm a college student taking American Sign Language. My professor specifically requests that the mirroring function of the camera is disabled because handedness and the orientation of how she views my signing is important. How do I disable the mirror function of the built in...
  4. Built-in Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in Camera: I cannot get my built-in camera to work, any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/65807bf2-7d58-47d6-a9c4-98ce8ad38a48
  5. built in camera

built in camera: Microsoft Surface- the camera light at top of computer white light will not turn off. HELP! There is no physical switch to turn camera off or on. It worked fine yesterday for zoom and this morning, nope....
  6. Built in Camera

Built in Camera: My laptop has a built in camera and it says its front facing but my laptop doesn't have a front facing camera how do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/953c9c78-0b6a-42b1-bc5e-78681a96a02f
  7. Broken Camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Camera: my Camera isn't displaying any picture other than a grey background screen with a white camera on it. though the white light that indicates the camera is working is on. this is the same on video and picture and on all apps such as zoom. Is this a hardware problem?...
  8. Monitor With Built In Camera ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor With Built In Camera ?: Hello, Anyone know of a perhaps < $200 Monitor we can use with a HP Laptops that has a built in camera (for Zoom,etc.) like the Apple Mac's have ? Running W10. Looked in Amazon, but couldn't find any. Are there ? Thanks, Bob 155849
  9. Built in camera

Built in camera: Is there better or more robust camera software than the app that's built into Win 10? The Win 10 one has practically no options. I would like to set gamma, saturation, brightness, etc. The one built in has none of these....
  10. built in camera on laptop

built in camera on laptop: I cant take pics or any videos all of a sudden. It keeps showing me this symbol of a camera with a line going through it saying "front facing only. " It just doesn't do anything else . what does this mean ? Thanks. Peter...