Windows 10: Built in camera for microsodt surface pro 3 not working

Discus and support Built in camera for microsodt surface pro 3 not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried everything to fix my front camera and followed every instructions. I also did a reset for my surface but it still doesnt work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mina_521, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Mina_521 Win User

Built in camera for microsodt surface pro 3 not working

I've tried everything to fix my front camera and followed every instructions. I also did a reset for my surface but it still doesnt work.

:)

Mina_521, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 22, 2020
  3. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Roger Win User

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Built in camera for microsodt surface pro 3 not working - Similar Threads - Built camera microsodt

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3: Hello, Out of the blue, my camera stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, so it's a surprise that it is not working now. As a result, I am unable to the facial recognition to log into my laptop, nor am I able to use zoom or the camera app. When I opened the camera...
  4. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: I have a Surface Pro 6 and it's cameras are not working .I went into Device Manager and I found out that in System Devices the cameras were having problems such as, This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREand Device not migrated.Can someone please give me...
  5. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  6. surface pro 3 camera

surface pro 3 camera: During video taking, the screen is black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-camera/d3ecabfe-0c3b-45dc-92b4-d17a0fe55c7f
  7. Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working: Hi all, I'm puzzled with this problem for a couple of days now. I have a Surface Laptop 3 with Intel processor. Last week all of a sudden my integrated camera stopped working during a Zoom conference call. At first the image turned into red and green pixelated, a couple...
  8. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  9. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...
  10. surface pro 3

surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f