Windows 10: Built in camera has disappeared

Discus and support Built in camera has disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, would appreciate any advice. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon PC operating Windows 10, my inbuilt camera has disappeared from Device Manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KKVV, Jan 25, 2021.

1. KKVV Win User

Built in camera has disappeared

Hi, would appreciate any advice. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon PC operating Windows 10, my inbuilt camera has disappeared from Device Manager. The Camera App shows the below error message. My professional IT support guys have tried and can't fix the issue. I have since purchased an external camera which works however it's not ideal. The PC is under warranty but was hoping to fix it myself to avoid the interruption. Many thanks. Built in camera has disappeared ad4805c2-9d9e-4588-bc5a-46b6f6ecda46?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Built-in camera disappeared

Hi Karen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of your Dell computer?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    4. How is the camera connected to the computer?
    5. What is the make and model number of the monitor/camera?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if you are able to see the camera.

Method 1:
    Checking The Device Manager For Camera Drivers.

Open Device Manger > Expand Imaging devices
    > Look for the camera driver > Then, follow the steps mentioned in Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the drivers for the camera.

If you are not able to see the Imaging devices, then click on the
    View tab in Device Manger and click on
    Show Hidden Devices

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Accessing The Camera Using The Camera Application.

Click on the Start Menu > Search for Camera > Hit
    Enter and check if you are able to use the camera.

Also, a few key combinations can disable the camera on your device.

• Tap Fn + F6 keys on the keyboard together and see if you can launch the Camera app.
    • Tapping F8 on few devices can also turn the camera on.

If you are still not able to find the camera, then follow Method 2.

Method 3:
    Camera Does Not Work In Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Camera does not work in Windows 10
    and
    Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software Guide
    check if you are able to find your camera.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Karen1941 Win User

Built-in camera disappeared

I have a Dell Inspiron PC and a monitor. For some mysterious reason the built-in camera has disappeared. The PC cannot find it anywhere. There is no camera in Control Panel. Nothing, nada anywhere on computer. Dell says it is a MS issue probably due
    to Windows update changes. Norton, my antivirus, does not show camera either so this is not an anti-virus software issue.

Karen1941, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Built in camera has disappeared - Similar Threads - Built camera has

2. built in mouse has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    built in mouse has disappeared: my mouse is operated by a built in mouse and the pointer has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-mouse-has-disappeared/4036f427-ae6c-485f-90ac-9946055a5acc
  3. built in mouse has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built in mouse has disappeared: my mouse is operated by a built in mouse and the pointer has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-mouse-has-disappeared/4036f427-ae6c-485f-90ac-9946055a5acc
  4. built in camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in camera: Microsoft Surface- the camera light at top of computer white light will not turn off. HELP! There is no physical switch to turn camera off or on. It worked fine yesterday for zoom and this morning, nope....
  5. Built in Camera

Built in Camera: My laptop has a built in camera and it says its front facing but my laptop doesn't have a front facing camera how do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera/953c9c78-0b6a-42b1-bc5e-78681a96a02f
  6. My camera has suddenly disappeared.

My camera has suddenly disappeared.: I went to log on to a Zoom meeting today and it was unable to access my camera. The error said that they couldn't find my camera, but the camera app is on my HP Spectre and the camera settings is set to on and gives accessibility to all of the apps I need the camera for....
  7. camera has disappeared

camera has disappeared: my camera has disappeared. lenovo ideapad - it had stopped working with my zoom and now has disappeared altogether from my device manager. please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-has-disappeared/e576b8d6-f9ae-4202-b71b-2e4ea6bd3abc
  8. My Camera has disappeared

My Camera has disappeared: I am running windows 10 but cannot find my camera.... It has disappeared.... What is the best way to find it and restore function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-disappeared/ffe5c4c4-6989-4e38-bdbf-4c7c36dc2675
  9. Built in camera

Built in camera: Is there better or more robust camera software than the app that's built into Win 10? The Win 10 one has practically no options. I would like to set gamma, saturation, brightness, etc. The one built in has none of these....
  10. Built-in camera disappeared

Built-in camera disappeared: I have a Dell Inspiron PC and a monitor. For some mysterious reason the built-in camera has disappeared. The PC cannot find it anywhere. There is no camera in Control Panel. Nothing, nada anywhere on computer. Dell says it is a MS issue probably due to Windows update...