Windows 10: Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates

Discus and support Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my Surface Pro 5th Gen on 2/8/2021, and ever since then my computer doesn't recognize the built-in camera Intel AVStream Camera 2500. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CrispyJungle, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates

I updated my Surface Pro 5th Gen on 2/8/2021, and ever since then my computer doesn't recognize the built-in camera Intel AVStream Camera 2500. I've tried disabling/enabling the camera, checking for additional driver updates, checking the uefi to see if it was disabled, and there aren't any updates and the cameras were already on in the uefi. The Microsoft troubleshooter didn't find a solution either. Help?

:)

CrispyJungle, Feb 22, 2021

2. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates

My built in camera doens't be recognized by windows 10 camera app

Hi Paulo,

Allow us to verify some information to isolate this issue. We would like to ask a few questions.

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to use the camera with the Camera app?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers of your built-in camera?
    • Do you have any antivirus installed in your computer?

To help us address this problem, we suggest that you check out the resolution or troubleshooting steps provided on this

link

Let us know of the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates

1. Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates - Similar Threads - Built Camera Longer

2. My built in camera no longer works.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My built in camera no longer works.: has anyone had this issue? what do i do about it? I am new to windows and i havea surface go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-camera-no-longer-works/e2de0a5d-bb97-4a86-a8b5-685c7e6d532d
  3. Built in camera not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built in camera not working: hi, today I tried to on my camera by it shows nothing and my laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad e14 also I tried all the suggestions except the one with deleting the drives and everything is fine including the light beside the camera.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Windows built-in camera no longer working after using external camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows built-in camera no longer working after using external camera: Hello. I was using a logitech C615 external camera and using the built in "camera" app to record with it. Now that I'm finished, I can't get the built in camera to reappear, it just shows a gray background with a camera with a cross through it. I've tried a number of...
  5. built in camera stopped working after windows update

built in camera stopped working after windows update: I have a new HP Probook and installed all updates and now my built in web camera don't work. I have tried everything I can come up with and still don't work. It is not a hardware problem because Hp diagnose tested and it shows the camera is good....
  6. Built in camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in camera not working: I tried taking a picture on my laptop and it just shows a grey screen with the camera logo with a cancel over it. Its a built in camera and my camera settings are turned on. How do I fix it?...
  7. Built in camera not working

Built in camera not working: I have an Asus Q500 laptop with a built in camera. The Windows camera app can't find the camera and there is no camera driver installed for me to update. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-not-working/9b3c96c9-78d3-404f-b009-30446baa42b2
  8. built-in camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built-in camera not working: I'm using an Acer predator laptop 2018. After updating to the latest windows my camera stopped working and is showing error code: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 I've had this problem for around a year now...
  9. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...
  10. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...