Windows 10: Built-in camera not attached

Discus and support Built-in camera not attached in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a 2nd hand Toshiba Satellite laptop, and its built-in camera is not working. If I run the Windows 10's Camera app, it comes up with an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EdwinaLee HW, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Built-in camera not attached

I bought a 2nd hand Toshiba Satellite laptop, and its built-in camera is not working.

If I run the Windows 10's Camera app, it comes up with an error message:-

"0xA00F4244<No CamerasAreAttached>"

What should I do now?

:)

EdwinaLee HW, Oct 19, 2019

2. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Oct 19, 2019
  3. My built in camera doens't be recognized by windows 10 camera app

Hi Paulo,

Allow us to verify some information to isolate this issue. We would like to ask a few questions.

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to use the camera with the Camera app?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers of your built-in camera?
    • Do you have any antivirus installed in your computer?

To help us address this problem, we suggest that you check out the resolution or troubleshooting steps provided on this

link

Let us know of the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Built-in camera not attached

Built In Camera Not "Attached" or installed properly

I've had my laptop for a while and it has a built on camera, this issue was going on for very long but, now it's getting on my nerves. It is obvious I have a built in camera as it is on the top of my laptop. But I have noticed something, as in device manager,
    I cant find my built in camera. Also in DxDiag, in my video capture devices, It says I don't have one. Would I have too take my laptop apart too re attach something. Or is it a common error...

inkedsquid, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Built-in camera not attached

1. Built-in camera not attached - Similar Threads - Built camera attached

2. Camera not attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not attached: I recently got my laptop fixed from a water spill on the keyboard but now I am unable to access my camera. When I launch the camera an error pops with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. I have a camera on my laptop that is prebuilt and was working before the...
  3. Camera not attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not attached: I recently got my laptop fixed from a water spill on the keyboard but now I am unable to access my camera. When I launch the camera an error pops with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. I have a camera on my laptop that is prebuilt and was working before the...
  4. No camera is attach.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No camera is attach.: When i open my camera, it said no camera is attached. I tried uninstall driver in device manager. however, when i want to install it back, it is no longer in the device manager. I already tried show hidden device in device manager, but still nothing came out. Same thing...
  5. No camera is attach.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No camera is attach.: When i open my camera, it said no camera is attached. I tried uninstall driver in device manager. however, when i want to install it back, it is no longer in the device manager. I already tried show hidden device in device manager, but still nothing came out. Same thing...
  6. Built in camera as well as outside/additional attachement not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in camera as well as outside/additional attachement not working.: My built in camera not working. Probably Anti Virus blocked it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-as-well-as-outsideadditional/ef61b56e-08e0-42cb-8fa3-be3bc7c08d48
  7. NO CAMERAS ARE ATTACHED

NO CAMERAS ARE ATTACHED: Hello, I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 15 camera and microphone, been doing some troubleshooting but still can't fix it. I also tried using it for video call on Chrome and it's not working, the other person can't hear me too. I hope you can help me because I...
  8. no cameras are attached

no cameras are attached: i m using Acer Aspire E5-511 laptop and i m unable to use camera app due to #error no cameras are attached. device manager is not showing any imaging device. help me out....
  9. No camera attached

No camera attached: Last week, I used my integrated webcam while chatting on facebook messenger without a problem. A day or two later, the camera would not work. In fact, I got an error message that said that no cameras were attached. I have tried to troubleshoot on my own, by reinstalling...
  10. Windows 10 Built-in Camera Not Found/Attached

Windows 10 Built-in Camera Not Found/Attached: I have no idea what happened! All of a sudden one morning I got up to do a Live Video Chat on Messenger and I received the Error Code OxAOOF4244 <no cameras are attached>. I did all of the 'normal' things such as Go To Settings, Downloading HP YouCam, everything that has...