Windows 10: Built in camera takes grainy pictures

Discus and support Built in camera takes grainy pictures in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My built in camera on my laptop takes grainy pictures, windows 10. How can this be fixed. Below is the specs of my laptop. TY Toshiba Satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nancy Mortensen, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Built in camera takes grainy pictures

My built in camera on my laptop takes grainy pictures, windows 10. How can this be fixed. Below is the specs of my laptop. TY

Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272
    Operating Systems Windows 10
    hard drive capacity- 1 TB
    processor speed- 2.2 GHz
    processor brand- Intel
    processor type- Core i5
    Maximum Turbo Speed- 2.7 GHz
    maximum memory capacity- 16 GB
    hard drive type- Hard Drive
    memory speed PC1600
    video hardware- Mobile Intel HD Graphics 5500
    memory type- DDR3L SDRAM
    optical drive- DVD+RW/DVD-RAM/DVD+R Double Layer
    wireless connectivity- 802.11b/g/n Bluetooth v4.1
    frontside bus speed- 1600 MHz
    peripherals included- none
    gaming PC- no
    front camera/webcam yes
    2 in 1- no
    memory card reader- yes
    memory-8 GB
    processor model i5-5200U

:)

Nancy Mortensen, Jun 1, 2019

2. My built-in camera on my computer is not clear. The pictures and video come out Grainy.

My built-in camera on my computer is not clear. The pictures and video come out Grainy. I checked my screen resolution and It is set to all the "Recommended" settings.

DomingRoman, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Built in camera takes grainy pictures

Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Built in camera takes grainy pictures

1. Built in camera takes grainy pictures - Similar Threads - Built camera takes

2. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  3. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  4. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  5. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  6. How to take picures using the built-in camera?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to take picures using the built-in camera?: I have an HP Desktop with a built-in camera. How do I use the app? I opened the app, that was as far as I got. HELP, PLEASE!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-take-picures-using-the-built-in-camera/23861227-77d4-4b0c-915a-8cbe2406c9b9
  7. Grainy application pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grainy application pictures: I am having terrible grainy software pictures and text, I don't really know what to do but show you... If any information is needed please contact back to me.[ATTACH]...
  8. laptop built in camera pictures are snowy

laptop built in camera pictures are snowy: laptop built in camera pictures are snowy. Camera drivers are up to date. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-built-in-camera-pictures-are-snowy/ad5ffc32-0b1c-48e7-8a72-bc684964b451
  9. Camera Not taking picture.

Camera Not taking picture.: Hi, I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop. If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing message on screen but when I click take photo button , some click sound is coming and it is NOT capturing photo. I have...
  10. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 camera is grainy

2. satellite camera grainy windows 10

3. grainy pictures on windpws 10 camera